My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

I was just going by the similar horsepowers of both the TM and the 7530, the TM actually has a few extra hp than the 7530 but the JDs a better tractor all day long. The TM has been subject to many problems in the 8-9 years it's been here, not long after it came it has major gearbox repairs that cost around £4500 and I guess each farm manager has probably thought that after every repair bill that they'd be better keeping it to get the good out of what they've spent but for me this is undermined when the next problem arises, id love to see the total running costs for it during the time it's been here, probably sky high. The engine is the only thing I'd half like about the Tm, by the time our fitter sorts all the error codes and fits the new brakes I'd say they'll have spent another £5000 including his time and the best of it is that it's just after having £1200 parts fitted to it since Christmas, how could anyone tell me there a good tractor after that spending.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of TM190s were dogs by all accounts, but I would argue that a 7530 should really be compared to a T7050 rather than a TM.

The TL is still made in Brazil, as are the TS, TSA and TM. There are even two 30 series models in Brazil that have their heritage in the 10 series, a 105hp 7630 and a 122hp 8030. Both have a 4.5 litre 4 cylinder engine. The 7630 is turboed, and the 8030 turboed and intercooled.

http://agriculture.newholland.com/br/pt/Products/Tractors/Serie30/Documents/serie30.pdf

Even the clocks & dials behind the steering wheel in those Brazilian New Hollands can be traced in design back to the Pre Force Ford 50 years ago.. Are they based on the Ford  7610 ?? SPN..

Even the clocks & dials behind the steering wheel in those Brazilian New Hollands can be traced in design back to the Pre Force Ford 50 years ago.. Are they based on the Ford  7610 ?? SPN..

7610 meets TSA100 I reckon.

Thanks lads. I'm still working on 6x JD square balers which have given me some serious problems along the way, I had to last week slice the whole entire backs out of them to correct a minor error, done now but set me back a bit and caused 4 long days of figuring out how to correct, a baler from scratch is a huge challenge I've now discovered and im now better educated if I ever decide to replicate another in model form. In fairness there's not too many scratchbuilds that don't carry problems, very often you wonder what ever possessed you to begin.

For those that don't understand the concept of the RLM I will explain. The machine has 2 main parts, the headstock and the toolbar. The headstock attachs to the tractor via a cat3 standard linkage but it remains IN THE ONE POSITION at at all times because it carries the following drill or implement on a drawbar so this cant be lifted, so the toolbar rises and lowers via rams to lift the machine out of work at headlands thus keeping the following implement level..To replicate this movement in model form was very difficult indeed and took a lot of time to get right

post-1667-0-29306400-1433714029_thumb.jp

post-1667-0-62600400-1433714041_thumb.jp

post-1667-0-89696400-1433714053_thumb.jp

Last pics from me of the RLM, if you study the pics carefully you can see how the machine works. Next pics will be from Alex and itll be set up between his tillage train and displayed as it should be

post-1667-0-30813000-1433714330_thumb.jp

post-1667-0-95221700-1433714341_thumb.jp

post-1667-0-13474900-1433714353_thumb.jp

post-1667-0-36473800-1433714364_thumb.jp

The tank was made by slicing 2x britains superspray tanks at exactly the same size and joining them together before modifying them. Last picture shows the huge TECNOMA sprayer folded out

post-1667-0-56506300-1433714572_thumb.jp

post-1667-0-32129900-1433714586_thumb.jp

post-1667-0-17106500-1433714597_thumb.jp

I'm now I to my 8th week at the JD balers, there are 3x342A and 3x 359 models being made and 1x 359 model is available for sale. The balers are being entirely scratch built and I've discovered there is a hell of a lot of making in them, the main body sections will be ready for green paint this week and then there's the pick up reels to make and paint to complete the project, I'll have to think carefully about ever taking on another baler project as I originally thought it would have been much simpler. It was frustrating getting things correct and more so 100 % square especially. The only spate available models I have to sell at present are 1x 359 baler. 1x PZ CM165 more and 1x TAARUP 1350 single chop forager. SOLD

Thank yous Pat and Paul.....Brian I too am now excited about the end result on the balers, once again ive seen that patience is the only way through such a build, to expect quick results is a false illusion, it takes time to work your way through so many parts and putting them together to create a model. For weeks it seemed sometimes like id little to show and then I discovered a small error on the main bodies which meant slicing them open to correct it, that set me back around 7 hours but also gave me much more confidence in going forward when I knew it was corrected, ive found that you must remain confident in all you,ve done and that it is correct in every way possible, to have any doubt in your mind regarding any part of the model would cast a shadow of doubt over the whole thing and could quite easily ruin it. There is always dark days in every project, these occur mainly at the figuring out stages and for days I find it constantly niggles me until a solution is found,and there are days when you honestly wish you had never started at all, but with patience things do fair out at the end. But model building does test the mind to its limits sometimes and even the best builders will admit that frustration sets in now and again.

Thank you,s..... A landquip rear tanker was considered too but im not sure if there available with the wide booms of the Tecnoma so this will get the spraying covered on Valley Farm for this year anyway....

Landquip buy their booms from ItaIy think and thy definitely aren't the same ones used on the tecnoma. They build a 28m mounted sprayer. We have a set of his 24m contractor booms on our trailed unit and they are very strong. .

Im just in from painting the 6x John Deere balers, it seems finalisation is close, thank god because for the last 9 weeks ive had to work to 2 in the morning solving constant problems and found that the many parts I hand made were extremely time consuming, it was a very different build than any previous jobs because I actually had to build the main bodies first and then work a very complex frame around its dimensions rather than my more traditional method of beginning with a main frame and then adding the bodywork. There were so many parts on the balers that had to be kept perfectly square 2 ways which also proved tricky.  I am certainly more educated now on just how much work is needed at a baler build in 1/32 and will never build another JD baler when these 5 have gone (im keeping 1 of them)   2 diiferent size wheels had to be sourced as the JD runs on a 15inch at one side and a 12 inch on the other. Decals came from Netherlands, 1 set of wheels from Germany and the other from Holland, Brass and Plasticard from England and a hell of a lot of hours from Ireland. This is the 10th week of the baler project and it seemed like a long haul for me but this week when im building them up and adding decals etc I know my unpleasant memories will slowly disappear. Next job hasn't been finalised yet but ive had a lot of requests for previously built items which im not keen on doing as I don't like covering old ground but instead prefer the challenge of new projects...More on the balers when there complete towards the weekend

Archived