• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Mike,Tris,Marcus & Johny :)

were the 500 series cabs not modular? paul

Not sure what you mean Paul ???

We would`nt let you in ;)

Great work so far Mark. 

Not in a million years eh Graeme :D and cheers for the compliment :)

Why you wasting you vast talents on red rubbish there's enough muppets about to do them  ;) ;) :D :D :D anyone seen Sean or Marcus  ::) ::)

I know mate, it does seem kind of wrong, don't worry it'll be the one and only I expect :D :D ;)

banner lane fiitted two steps when thy were producing the two door models,approx 79 to 81,the french did produce a quite different version of 590 differing in details like steps etc,so best thing is pick your real machine and base her on that,if you follow uk spec you wont go wrong with your model,follow the french spec tractor and build one and it,ll be unique but like me you may prefer to stick to the uk version and im hoping you will get a pleasing result,i spent a lot of time driving 575,s and i can tell you they wre for me the best of the 500 series,i can only fault them them for fitting too small of back wheels on the real model,in my opinion they should have have had 14x34,s fitted,they would have been well able to cope with that,that a4.236 engine was a legend

were the 500 series cabs not modular? paul

to a degree they were mate, the biggest differences in being, model they were going to be fitted , as the 550 had the transmission running through the cab , as opposed to as good as flatish floor in the 590

i can only fault them them for fitting too small of back wheels on the real model,in my opinion they should have have had 14x34,s fitted,they would have been well able to cope with that,that a4.236 engine was a legend

driven a few 575's with different wheel sizes, most with 32"rims fitted but apparently most dairy farms just bought what was stocked , where as the arable farms usually went into the spec sheet a bit more carefully :)

wasn't convinced with the 4020axle at first mark , but am coming round to it  all coming together nicely  :) :)

Well I've got a cab roof from DBP at Spalding, all the other suppliers only had the whole repro cab & roof as a complete unit.

I've removed the fuel tank on the offside and shortenened the nearside one.

Front axle is now fitted on pins, but not stuck down just yet.

post-764-132639074006_thumb.jpg

post-764-132639074009_thumb.jpg

I would have prefered plastic or suchlike, as the extra weight makes the whole cab/floorpan seem a bit more wobbly on the chassis, so will need sticking down I expect.

To get the roof panel to fit the original cab it needed a little bit of width reduction on the window frame.

other than that its a good clean casting thet didn't need much fettling :)

• 4 weeks later...