MASSEY FERGUSON 575

Thanks for the comments fellas.

what's the back wheels ???

Tim MF 4260 ;)

that looks brill mate  ;) ;)

are you going to glaze the cab ?

Yes I will be glazing this one :)

Couple of questions for Massey experts, This is a single door cab - was there only a grab rail on the front of the cab on the door side? Did MF fit any extra worklamps on these 500's ?

I think I'll have to try and find a way of making the rear light clusters look more accurate as well :-\

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no grab rail that side, on the french ones the front side lights and indicators were fitted to the grab rails, but on the uk ones, they were fitted to the cab, just above the one on the door side, and the same position on the other, window on the non door side was either a silde one or a full tilt from the top one, depending on what you ordered to, our 575s had slide ones, as one fell out one year ::) ::)::) ::)

good looking tractor. The rear work light was fitted inside the rear wing and extra lights were available to fit from the dealer. I thought the tilting side window came first and was replaced later on by the sliding window. The change over date being late 1978 or early 1979 ???

Lets see if i remember rightly , 1 door cabs had i grab rail , 2 door cabs had 2 grabrails , the side /indicator units was fixed to the cab not the rail.

Top hinged window on 1 door cabs & slide window on 2 door cabs . As far as i'm aware slide windows were not supplied fitted into the top hinge frame window

Single ploughlamp fitted as standard, usually on the o/s mudguard  

(but i'm sure more could be fitted on request)

steps ? all depends on the time line & factory

The one step british built & two step french built is an anoraks ideal , british built tractors more often were fitted with 1 step but have been found fitted with 2 step cabs .

i personaly think it all depended on spec build , if the tractor would be going out on 18/4 32in tyres a single step would be used as the tractor would sit quite low  but if ordered on say 13/6 38in tyres, two steps to be  fixed as the tractor sat higher off the ground

pre 81/82 had two piece front grills later models 1 piece grills.

Late models also had the exhaust pipe repositioned to the side of the bonnet & a smaller steering wheel

Been doing a little bit more this afternoon.

Hopefully the cab is something like it should be :)

Trying to sort out the rear lights at the moment, trouble is I havent got any plasticard that is as thick as i'd like it to be.

post-764-132639094165_thumb.jpg

that is very very good, a credit to you, where abouts in cornwall are you? im in devon near tavistock ,paul

Thanks Paul, I'm not that far from Padstow ;)

Brilliant BUT I've found an error, the steering wheel isn't at the right angle  ::)

Oh well Masseys aren't my strong point :D

nice work mark, didnt take to long to do, like the rear lights, really must try one like that sometime, or update the current ones the same

Cheers Sean :)

:o :o top class work Mark

Many Thanks Johny :)

Looks really smart, even under the critical close up eye of the camera  ;)

Thank you John, that's a nice compliment coming from a master of the art. You are right about the camera finding blemishes as well ::)

What a stunner... one of the best I've seen on here Mark... 10/10 mate - what a lovely paint finish as well  :-*

Very nice of you to say so Mark, and thanks for the help with the brochure pics ;)