John Deere 3130 Shark nose

smart work graham, been looking into doint that myself with some scrap bits, wasnt sure it looked right mind, but seeing yours has put doubts to rest, can remember seeing some of them at my uncles place when i was young,

Who? His name is on the screen and you still naff it up! :D :D :D::)

Pictures do do it justice Graeme, it's a fine looking machine. Would be a nice small holding tractor 8)

Thanks for the comments Guys. :)

Sadly, I`m struggling to do them now with my hands. I`m hoping to carry on but It is taking me so long, it`s not worth doing them. I have a few fords to do for myself and then I`ll see what the health allows.

Very nice job there, I've thought of that as a conversion, but never got round to doing it :(

The transfers and cab roof are not correct for the period, name closest to cab, number near the nose. Black lettering on yellow background for name and number. The cab roof was green, yellow roofs arrived on the 40 series in 1980. I guess the owner had to buy a new roof and transfers ;) That tractor is 35 years old and will have had a make over to look that shiny!

Very nice job there, I've thought of that as a conversion, but never got round to doing it :(

The transfers and cab roof are not correct for the period, name closest to cab, number near the nose. Black lettering on yellow background for name and number. The cab roof was green, yellow roofs arrived on the 40 series in 1980. I guess the owner had to buy a new roof and transfers ;) That tractor is 35 years old and will have had a make over to look that shiny!

guess you are better than graeme at model making then, thing is a few of us have many models made by him and they are faultless, lets see you efforts against his please  ::) it may look shiny but it could be for a classic layout and be new ;)

cant wait till i see jdc on sunday ;D

The decal is wrong. I did`nt have the right one. I will forward the right one when I get it. As for the yellow roof, I know of two with a yellow roof and they were bought that way in 1979 brand new. I will try and get some pics of them when I next see them.

I do try and research my conversions a lot and I appreciate all comments. It helps getting things right. :)

I am in no way criticizing Grahams work, far from it in fact and I object to people insinuating such. I am just pointing out the small but important details that were not correct for the tractor when new. I could also say that the front of the bonnet is not correct for a 3130, a 4020 bonnet is not the same as an early 3130 BUT it is close enough to represent the 3130. The bonnet design changed in 1975, so no way was a yellow roof 1979 "shark nose" 3130 sold as new in 1979 period! As I said after 35 years a tractor is unlikely to be 100 % original. I have seen 30 series with yellow roofs BUT they are replacement roofs. Likewise incorrect decals are from replacement items incorrectly fitted. I'm just trying to help people get the correct information, if no one want's to listen then fine, it's their loss, not mine.