A baby bunning is born

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

many thanks for all the positive comments.Does anyone sell "bunning" decals on here?

Also,I have run into a problem with the wheels; the flotations I was going to use will be too bloody awkward to fit so I am looking for a pair of 34inch wheels to suit :-\

many thanks for all the positive comments.Does anyone sell "bunning" decals on here?

Also,I have run into a problem with the wheels; the flotations I was going to use will be too bloody awkward to fit so I am looking for a pair of 34inch wheels to suit :-\

not too sure what you mean and what you want  :-\ but that could just be me :D

maybe these could help

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wheels-Rear-Floatations-Tanker-or-Tractor_W0QQitemZ330298228523QQihZ014QQcategoryZ19066QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Forget what our 140's had but they wern't wide due to transport width etc. Your build is going from strength to strength, I did notice the floor but with everything else fantastic about it I forgot to mention it. What's pike wire? Wire for seals like on injector pumps etc? If you can get photo's of the real decals I can suggest a first claas waterslide decal expert.

34" wheels, try scaledown models mate, nigle sells just wheels, hubs can be solid or lugged, i got a set of 34's for my jd combine from him, 

i will have alook latter in my box of bits for you fungus  by the way cracking model  :P

"fungus"..........................its Fergus sweetheart!!,dont forget it sweetie :-*;)

cheers Tris and Tractorman,cant do a lot till I get back home and will have a look at scaledown if Cerin comes up with nothing. ;)

Well, after a bit of headscratching,we have managed to fit the flotation tyres on a modified axle.

I would appreciate your comments as to whether they look right ,o.k., or wrong on the bunning.

73f49x.jpg

2zqhjxi.jpg

6sgxmb.jpg

21eqaac.jpg

vwq23k.jpg

almost there now apart from a few more details.......pto shaft, jack,wheelnuts, hyd. pipes  etc.... :D

Forget what our 140's had but they wern't wide due to transport width etc. Your build is going from strength to strength, I did notice the floor but with everything else fantastic about it I forgot to mention it. What's pike wire? Wire for seals like on injector pumps etc? If you can get photo's of the real decals I can suggest a first claas waterslide decal expert.

This is what pike wire looks like Tris;

4jkk7m.jpg

2rqipn6.jpg

cut the crimps in half, they make pretty realistic wire ropes and hawsers ;);D

That wire looks good, clever idea. How did you come across it, for what application?

The tyre/wheel combo. . . Mmmm a tad wide in my humble opinion, that's only comparing them to the spec of the 140 I used (pics in 'A few pics from around the farms' in Farm Talk or search 'Wessex Water' in the search box). I do love the front end detail with the bed speed adjuster in place 8) 8) 8)

well,well, wide boots it will be for now,she looks a mean beast in them.

just finished painting the body and boots,....heres a few pics.....

3wks7.jpg

fcbq9.jpg

30dgu35.jpg

hopefully tomorrow,I will get the pipes on and the tow hitch,maybe put the wheels on for a couple more photos

before we go home on saturday.

Wide boots maybe but everyone has the choice and I am sure these would keep the weight off the ground...

What a fantastic model.

The paint really sets her off. Nice to see great scratch build finnished with a great paint job.

I was thinking, could you use the Pike Wire for a handbrake?

Looks great Fergus!!

Well done.

Wide boots maybe but everyone has the choice and I am sure these would keep the weight off the ground...

What a fantastic model.

The paint really sets her off. Nice to see great scratch build finnished with a great paint job.

I was thinking, could you use the Pike Wire for a handbrake?

Looks great Fergus!!

Well done.

Yes Jez, you could use this wire for anything like that,the wire I have used here is quite heavy gauge,I have some lighter thinner pike trace back home which would be better suited ;)