Beavertail body for ALDI lorry

I went shopping in ALDI yesterday and picked up one of those £6.99 lorries :) :)

I chose the blue MAN cement mixer as I knew I wanted to have a go at a beavertail body and had the same colour blue paint at home ;) ;)

With the mixer removed and about an inch of the back of the chassis I set about building my body from plasticard and plastistrut 8) 8)

This picture shows as far as I got in about an hour yesterday ;)

post-96-132639078538_thumb.jpg

I set back to work on her this morning and now it's ready for painting

I have clad the deck in chequerplate and the ramps work and are held in the transport position by toplinks ;) just as our real beavertail Scanias are at work :P

post-96-132639078566_thumb.jpg

post-96-132639078577_thumb.jpg

just what every farm needs mate for when them massey,s break down  :D

yer get it cast very nice

Now then Simon... you mean 'get traded in for a newer, highly advanced... 5 year warranty backed, state-of-the-art, splendid model'

Paul.... that looks the daddys.. I wonder if you could make your favourite Fruiterer a red cabbed one  ;);D:-*

Paul she's a beaut mate. Love the ramp detail. Just what I have in mind for mine only longer ;)

She's loosely based on our's at work mate this is a scale 25ft like our old one's new one's a work are 30ft ::)

As the sun's still out i'm now going to paint the body blue to match the cab ;)

Now then Simon... you mean 'get traded in for a newer, highly advanced... 5 year warranty backed, state-of-the-art, splendid model'

Paul.... that looks the daddys.. I wonder if you could make your favourite Fruiterer a red cabbed one  ;);D:-*

White MAN with a red body and MF all over it would look nice in you cabinet mate :D :D

Awwww.... go on then...

Although... I thought if I had a red one I could persuade Mandy to make me some Mark Weatherhead decals for it - that really would look the bollards  :-*;D

According to the box the MAN comes in white,blue or green, I think weatherheads have a red Scania wagon and drag ???

They have Paul... they had an old ERF when I was there in the early 80's  :)

I don't suppose they do a Scania do they ???

They do mate BUT they both have the wrong cab ::) i've seen somewhere a 1.32 scania made by welly which has the correct cab :o