start of my farm layout

That farmhouse looks amazing :of , did you cut and join the Britains perlings/cross beams so you had a single leg supporting each truss? Very cost effective way if you did (note to self must do that on my sheds ;) )

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That farmhouse looks amazing :of , did you cut and join the Britains perlings/cross beams so you had a single leg supporting each truss? Very cost effective way if you did (note to self must do that on my sheds ;) )

Yes i did and also cut the flat strips off the panels so that it looks right.Also thinking about doing some to sell.

Fantastic work. Your sheds look really professional and great use of the Britains Tanks :)

ps hedges look cool too, of course ;)

Thanks mandy also bought some other things from you and need to buy some more.

Looking good alright! Where did you get the container from, have been looking out for one for a while?

Got the container from ebay think it was about £8.

Is that first picture a Britains shed?

Where did you get the house,it looks fantastic?

If you mean the first one of the update with the brickwork around the bottom then yes that is going to be the workshop.

Thought i better update this now i have a decent camera.I have been converting some britains sheds,also got a george poole house,a 1/35 scale 20ft container for a chemical store,converted a britains milk tanker to a water tank for filling the sprayer and some hedges from HLT.

DSCF7010.jpg

I had something similar in mind for my blue milk tank. It's been sitting around waiting for me to decide what to mount it on.

I had something similar in mind for my blue milk tank. It's been sitting around waiting for me to decide what to mount it on.

Make sure and mount it on a frame that takes in the four corners of the container and not the roof. There is no strength in the roof, it is all in the vertical posts at the corners.

• 2 months later...

Dave, that's really special. The farmhouse is a beautiful addition to your layout and I love the garage too :)

Thanks mandy the bits i got from you at spalding are brilliant especialy the trees and the oil tank,the tip that fraser gave me about the tarmac scatter was a great help,just waiting for you to get some more of the trimmed hedges so i can finnish of around the garden.

Thanks mandy the bits i got from you at spalding are brilliant especialy the trees and the oil tank,the tip that fraser gave me about the tarmac scatter was a great help,just waiting for you to get some more of the trimmed hedges so i can finnish of around the garden.

You're very welcome. I'm going to have a look tomorrow - Frazer thinks we may have one lot of hedges left (the supplier still reckons it'll be another month before they've solved their production problems with the trimmed hedges)

the farm is coming on a treat dave it looks great ,the garage looks well,you need more holidays so we can see more

if you need more containers have a look at mac mouldings he does them 1/35 scale

Thanks, yes i do need more holidays sometimes wish i was retired then i would get more done,thats the name that i couldn't remember.

If my layout turns out as good as yours i will be happy :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived