mf 2680 to 2640 conversion

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not familiar with that decal..im looking here in the 2005 series brochure and that decals not fitted to them,i remember my neighbour havin a 2640 and cant recall that decal on it either,hopefully someone will recall it

not familiar with that decal..im looking here in the 2005 series brochure and that decals not fitted to them,i remember my neighbour havin a 2640 and cant recall that decal on it either,hopefully someone will recall it

thats what im thinking bor was it only on very early 2000 models? i just dont know, henri walker has made it for me dont know whether to fit it or not,paul

Ive also noticed sometimes mf add wee bits here and there to their brochures maybe to make things look sportier....ive seen quite a few things in their brochures when ive been studying them as im building a model that were,nt quite right,example in the 3000/3100 brochure the decal on 1st page on the 3120 has been modified and on over the page where it shows a 3120 in action,study that pic it,s actually a 3095 redecalled,it can sometimes lead to making mistakes that are not neccessarily your own fault,ive noticed lots of tiny things,so i suppose the real things hard to beat if you can find it....

Ive also noticed sometimes mf add wee bits here and there to their brochures maybe to make things look sportier....ive seen quite a few things in their brochures when ive been studying them as im building a model that were,nt quite right,example in the 3000/3100 brochure the decal on 1st page on the 3120 has been modified and on over the page where it shows a 3120 in action,study that pic it,s actually a 3095 redecalled,it can sometimes lead to making mistakes that are not neccessarily your own fault,ive noticed lots of tiny things,so i suppose the real things hard to beat if you can find it....

just checked that and your right mate,paul

The UK spec were Paul... yes indeed.. Beauvais

right so now i will confuse you marky if they were made in france and its on a uk brochure how come they arent on uk 2000 models in the uk? sorry for all the questions but henri walker is making me the decal and i dont know wether to put it on my conversion or not,paul

my neighbour who cut silage used a 2640 2wd and then later he used a 2680 4wd and my other neighbour,a potato farmer bought a brand new 2720 and neither them 3 tractors had that decal,id hold off on it for now

my neighbour who cut silage used a 2640 2wd and then later he used a 2680 4wd and my other neighbour,a potato farmer bought a brand new 2720 and neither them 3 tractors had that decal,id hold off on it for now

yeah going to do that, a few phone calls to some massey dealers, that hopefully will clear it up, cheers bor,paul

think you'll find that much of the early euro spec 2000 tractor leaflets had  US promotional pics included, just like some of the JD 7000 series tractors were aimed at euro land , but had US spec pics in them , & theres quite a difference between them !

my opinion paul , go fit the decal, the fuel tank is replaceable if you dont like it anyway  my preference would be not to have the decal , it looks american , or should that be tacky :-\

Save the transfer for the day you build a U.S. spec 2000 series.

dont think i will be building a us spec, theres just something i dont like about them, i think its the tyres and the tread of the tyres and those stupid huge warning triangles i could go on,paul