Hi, I'm a newbie

Hi everyone, my name is James, I'm real new to collecting "farm toys" but I not new to collecting "toys".. I currently collect 1980's - 1990's GI-Joe's, Hotwheels / Matchbox cars, and diecast "put together yourself" models. I'm bored with my action figures collection, and am going back to my diecast collection, ..starting with ertl.. farm toys.

I'm always looking for 80's / early 90's farm toys such as tractors, trucks / trailers, *barns, farming equitment "small scale of course"..ha ha!.. and essentually the farm animals. So hello to you all, and if anyone can help me in anyway.. that would be great, and appreciated.

- farm-toy-collector -

Well Hello Mr Newbie... what a great introduction - thanks for that - you really can't beat collecting farm toys in my humble opinion... especially Ertl.. and especially the early stuff

So... do you collect just one scale ??? or does any size 'float your boat' as they say ???

If you need any help just drop me a PM anytime - and good luck  ;):)

Hi James

Welcome to the family, easy to enter.... impossible to leave :-X:D :D

Sounds interesting, look forward to seeing some photos of your collection. I have a bit of a sort spot for the Ertl stuff of the 80's, they produced some wonderful models which I always thought some seemed more relevant to the UK market than some Britains.... They seem a bit cheaper to buy over there too, I've bought a couple of things from the states in the past. Would love to get hold of all the Case models... ;)

Have fun... oh, and better put the rest of your life on hold now you've found us.... it seems to go that way :-\ ::):D :D

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome.  :)

I mainly collect small scale toy farming equipment, but have alot of my BIG tractors etc. from my childhood too. The 80's....

if you would like to see my current collection room, here's my myspace page....

http://www.myspace.com/103485773

This place is great.. thanks guys....

welcome to the forum chap , ertl farm toys , early tractors , i think many members here will help , but i think asking for our help was a mistake  :(

you'll be surprised how much of your money we can help you spend  :D :D :D :D

hmm , you can put song lyrics to most situations of life you encounter  but , Hotel California by the Eagles best sums this place up

yes you can check out any time you like but you can never leave  :D :D :D :D

okay guys.. here is abetter link for you all to easilly access my collection room pics on myspace.. this takes you right to it....k.  ;)

now, please remember.. i'm a "new" farm toy collector, so all you'll really see at the moment is my "massive" gi-joe collection.. but please look anyways.. thanks, y'all.  :)

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=103485773&albumId=2573913

farm-toy-collector  8)

Welcome another Yank by god we will be taking over this place soon and straighting out some of these limeys for sure......wish Timmy was around more.......well have fun here let me know if any of these lime juicers annoy you and pops will put them right..... ;D

Welcome another Yank by god we will be taking over this place soon and straighting out some of these limeys for sure......wish Timmy was around more.......well have fun here let me know if any of these lime juicers annoy you and pops will put them right..... ;D

cotton pickin...................darn it rick you're makeing us sound like kitchen appliances  :D :D :-\