RECO MENGELE REVERSE DRIVE PRECISION CHOP

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had to adapt it so that the forager would sit at a right angle to the tractor,i could only do this by making a 3 point linkage that the 824,s top link would fit into at exactly the right angle to keep forager at angle with tractor when in work,tricky,but to add to it you must also make sure that main wheels axle remains slightly off the ground when lifting grass

• 1 month later...

the fendt conversion complete,this was a bigger job than i thought..removing front links and making a p.u.h....and turning interior around and turning wheels and adding mirrors,now a 920 vario instead of a 824 turboshift....see how awkward the puh is to make

post-1779-132639112653_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639112659_thumb.jpg

i spent a day and a half at the tractor,not an easy model to work on..the 824 headlights suit the front linkage so i had to remove these and make modifications at front to fit the new headlights..these models are not conversion friendly

post-1779-132639112711_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639112715_thumb.jpg

looks great brian, i am curious mind, does the front linkage stay like that all year then?? or can / do they put the arms back on for use? never seen a rear drive chopper before, only trailed or self prop, hence what might seem a silly question

no tractorman,there is no front linkage on the real one in the pictures,only a puh...If there had of been a front linkage on the real one it may have been easier to make as you,d probably just have to make an a frame or similar

ah i see brian ,seems a waste of the front hitch if its only got the one use but i guess it means the tractor does have other use compaired to a self propelled

is there much difference performance wise with these compaired to a trailed one??