PORTMAN FARM 1/87 scale AWARD WINNING !

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its certainly not an easy scale to make stuff in, the silos are straight forward, but to do the auger wasnt easy

have considered a few other bits for him too if i can, just depends on time to be honest

time and money

here you go thomas , these are the things sean handed over to give you , no doubt you'll have ideas for them ;)

1 peice of sisal door matting , two grain stores , 1 auger , a wiking claas round baler & wiking claas mower & two full bags of trees  :)

Really pleased to see you enjoying making this diorama and I am glad you are keeping us updated with it. You have really got something great going on and are taking it more serious than people not even twice your age  ;):)

Thomas, I hav'nt been around the forum in a few weeks, have to say you really have a talent in 1/87 modelling. Great detail, that shot of the artic lorry turning in looks really great excellent work there young sir  ;) you planning on stocking it with animals? would Hornby be 1/87 scale? I know they do some very well detailed animals.

Thomas, I hav'nt been around the forum in a few weeks, have to say you really have a talent in 1/87 modelling. Great detail, that shot of the artic lorry turning in looks really great excellent work there young sir  ;) you planning on stocking it with animals? would Hornby be 1/87 scale? I know they do some very well detailed animals.

yes they are well some are

• 3 weeks later...

well smallclaas dad took me to buffers shop and we looked at some cows , but it was for £26 for a pack of 20 and i did not have enough money  :(

but i have some pictures from what we have been doing

we started the 3rd board and we went for a twisty road and 3 fields

DSCF1321Small.jpg

the heges were made of eco-moss

DSCF1322Small.jpg

a picture of me rolling some eco-moss we pull it gentle and we rolled it then glue down

DSCF1323Small.jpg

view of 3 fields

DSCF1326Small.jpg

one of the fields will be ploughed we still need some soil to sprikle down

DSCF1327Small.jpg

looking good thomas, like the bush wacker to mate, you got them silos in yet??

as for animals, drop me a pm with the makers name, and i will have a look round down here, have seen pig and cow packs and they deff were not that much, from memory they were 3 quid for 5 or 6 in a pack

way to big tris, even the piglets, try a toy store that sells train set stuff, they will have them, have seen hornby sets cheaper to, cows ect

this will help you

http://collectables.shop.ebay.co.uk/items/Trains-Railway-Models__hornby?Product%2520Type=Scenery%252F%2520Layout&_catref=1&_dmpt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&_fln=1&_sacat=479&_ssov=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282&Sub%252DType=Animals