PORTMAN FARM 1/87 scale AWARD WINNING !

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good thomas, Well impressed. Like the way you have change your hen houses to a hay shed and a machinery shed. Might have to have a go at some of my hen houses. well done.

bit big for hen houses really arn't they ,especially for this scale

bit big for hen houses really arn't they ,especially for this scale

I could be wrong MJB but Iam sure they are hen houses, They came with the Metcalfe Farm sheds One small one which is the small one with the bales in and the bigger one.  ??? ???

i was in a railway shop near me today and they had boxes of cows with 25-30 holstiens in for £24, if thats any help, i can find more information about where to get them if you like ;)

we too also found those mate but they are a smaller scale , matter of fact much smaller when we bought a pack of farm workers than placed them by the tractors  !

thanks anyway :)

I could be wrong MJB but Iam sure they are hen houses, They came with the Metcalfe Farm sheds One small one which is the small one with the bales in and the bigger one.  ??? ???

yes they are hen houses richie but as you know from your own the metcalfe kits are a slightly larger scale than 1/87 so to keep true to form , the chickens would be the size of the tractors  :o  now what a roast diner that would be  :D :D

if you look back at the first few pages ,the end of the bigger hen house was cut away for access for the the tractors with intention of a small workshop , but even in this scale room soon becomes a valuable commodity , simply due to the fact you can squeeze so much more in , so the workshop idea went & the redesign of a small cowshed was it's new life !

you still kept you 1/32 set up ?

My 1;32 layout all went in the bin, Well  all the buildings and the stone walls and hedges. The boards it was on have been used to board out my brothers loft. I wasn't allowed to bring any bare timber into Australia. Once I get this games room up and running I will have both lay outs in there.    I see what you mean MJB about the hen houses I might have a try with them. Thanks for that.

My 1;32 layout all went in the bin, Well  all the buildings and the stone walls and hedges. The boards it was on have been used to board out my brothers loft. I wasn't allowed to bring any bare timber into Australia. Once I get this games room up and running I will have both lay outs in there.    I see what you mean MJB about the hen houses I might have a try with them. Thanks for that.

whaaaat ?? you mean there wasn't an ftf member near enough to for it to be donated to

blimey that must have been an awfull day  :(

Well when I said straight into bin, One of my mates who's not a member said he would take them all and he was going to start his layout. But about amonth later I'd asked if he had started and he said he did'nt have the room. So he binned them and he was going to have a go at 1;87. I wasnt upset at all, You know what they say ' once one chapter closes another one opens'. :) :)

Well when I said straight into bin, One of my mates who's not a member said he would take them all and he was going to start his layout. But about amonth later I'd asked if he had started and he said he did'nt have the room. So he binned them and he was going to have a go at 1;87. I wasnt upset at all, You know what they say ' once one chapter closes another one opens'. :) :)

no, i'd have probably said 'bu66er'! 

• 2 weeks later...

well as posted my mjb's mummy thomas managed to get a 1st at Whitelackington flower show in the crafts section , not bad considering it's an open class with no defining age classes so children compete along with adults.

Thomas isn't here till next weekend , & he's asked me to post the 'show' pics !

no doubt he'll be online sometime to peruse the reviews later  :D :D

all packed in the car ready to go !

31809whitelackingtonflowershowSmall.jpg

setting up

31809whitelackingtonflowershow1Smal.jpg

31809whitelackingtonflowershow2Smal.jpg

not bad really considering a table is 6ft long & it's an 8ft display !

31809whitelackingtonflowershow3Smal.jpg

couple of pre show pics

31809whitelackingtonflowershow4Smal.jpg

31809whitelackingtonflowershow5Smal.jpg

well done thomas lovely layout look forward to seeing it soon your mum and dad must be pleased ,it by no means easy to take down a layout and display it so a big cheer for doing it thomas well done .dad must be as pleased no better feeling than seeing your children winning i know its not about winning but every dad wants it get in there ;) ;) ;)