massey ferguson 3680 conversion

nice conversion BUT I'm not sure the Britains chassis/bonnet can give the right proportions for the 3680/3790/3690 tractors. Just look at the following pics to compare.

see what you mean front tyres to near the cab or chassis to short might try different chassis when i do a 3690 thanks for the advice

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

them wheels do look good on her mate. hubs look right as does the size, when i did the 3690 of mine i moved the front axel forward, just to get the looks right, not by much, as you know its still on the britains chassis 

oh right ,not a massive job sean, i will do that

nice conversion BUT I'm not sure the Britains chassis/bonnet can give the right proportions for the 3680/3670/3690 tractors. Just look at the following pics to compare.

Smaller wheels might help,however a different chassis might not be available.A exact scale model never looks right.To make it look correct it has to be modified somewhere.This is conversion is probably as close as you can get it.

Can the front axle be moved forward?

massey-ferguson-3680.jpg

massey-ferguson-3690.jpg

massey-ferguson-3670.jpg

massey-ferguson-mf3670.jpg

Moving the front axle forward will help the proportions but the bonnet seems to be all wrong on the Britains toy, short, high and too steep a slope at the front. I'm now thinking a scratch built bonnet is what's needed. I'm just thinking of perfection and not a criticism of the great work of Paulali

Moving the front axle forward will help the proportions but the bonnet seems to be all wrong on the Britains toy, short, high and too steep a slope at the front. I'm now thinking a scratch built bonnet is what's needed. I'm just thinking of perfection and not a criticism of the great work of Paulali

you are right eurodeere, the bonnet isnt right, has been mentioned on here before, a scratch bonnet would be the way to go, have moved the axle forward ,wheelbase of real 3680 is 2930mm in 1/32 that is 91.5mm and thats what it is now,does look better  i have to say, check out the pictures

post-1891-132639099495_thumb.jpg

post-1891-132639099524_thumb.jpg

mmmm maybe a little to far forward?? hard to tell

if you look at the pics of the real one the center of the front axel hub is in line with the raised bit on the bonnet, the first pics the wheels on yours are behind that, on the moved ones its in front, does that make sence??

I really think the ares rears suit it nicely but agree with Sean that the centre of the front wheels should be in line at the end of the straight toped bonnet.

The opening rear window is brilliant :)

the rear window is thanks to you jamie, i found it easier to do with an opening rear window,your idea to mate