Still got a few things to do to it, lights ,number plates, touch up the paint work, does anybody else find paint flakes off the JD 4020 wheels?. Exhaust was scratch built ,as Britains one is different to that fitted to the 2620.

post-611-13263909679_thumb.jpg

post-611-132639096806_thumb.jpg

Front axle was fitted by filing the recess under the chassis square, then drilling a hole into the step under the engine for the rear pin on the 4020 axle, then adding a bracket from plastic sheet ,to hold the front axle pin, all fixed with Araldite.

post-611-132639096824_thumb.jpg

I really like that. I never liked the original model, nor the real tractor particularly, but the more of these conversions I see the more it grows on me.... regretting passing my 2680 on now :-\

You've made a great job of this one, excellent work :)

looking good. When i did a 4020 front axle i had same problem with paint but used a paint adhesive, then primed followed by top coat and it worked. Ill check the name ;)

nice work mate, them rears look very much like britains 6290's with the holes cut out?? tyres look that hard plastic.rubber they used, not uh soft rubber

[/quote

Britains wheels, yes, but definately not 6290 wheels, very similar, but if I remember rightly they were white.