Ashford Contracting

05rich

You've got your work cut out now boy! Don't rush it, you'll find it is a lot of work, time and effort but if you have an end result in your mind just work towards it bit by bit. Happy to help Rich, only a PM away :)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got your work cut out now boy! Don't rush it, you'll find it is a lot of work, time and effort but if you have an end result in your mind just work towards it bit by bit. Happy to help Rich, only a PM away :)

thanks tris , the fields are mostly going to b flat , and i have 7 weeks of spare time  ;) ;)

It really isn't our decision Rich, you need to way up what you want your display to do for you/your models. If you want a backdrop to showcase them all then a big farm yard would make the best of the space. If however you'd like to rotate the models which are displayed between layout and their boxes then more field may be better for 'at work' scenes.

Don't over mechanise is the key to realism. Take 'Cullies Farm' as a prime example. Huge layout of both yard and fields but given the space, very little machinery. . . . exactly like a real farm.

It really isn't our decision Rich, you need to way up what you want your display to do for you/your models. If you want a backdrop to showcase them all then a big farm yard would make the best of the space. If however you'd like to rotate the models which are displayed between layout and their boxes then more field may be better for 'at work' scenes.

Don't over mechanise is the key to realism. Take 'Cullies Farm' as a prime example. Huge layout of both yard and fields but given the space, very little machinery. . . . exactly like a real farm.

well there all in a cabinate any way , so all i got to do is select a small fleet

Handy link that ;);D

It is easy to do that Rich, give it a go on some offcuts and see how you get on.

When you do your walls it may pay to score each wall to help the filler to bind better. Make sure you work on a horizontal surface too, ie when you do the an end have the shed stood on the opposite end. ;)

So far so good anyway, nice square lines. You've measured it up well. :)

thanks for the comments , i am going to give it the plastered-look like some of them old farm buildings you see round places. as for the roof i wanted to try something different, maby thatched or something  :-\

Rich, now it's dried overnight would you mind taking a couple more photo's? Try setting your camera down on timer and on macro (flower symbol if it has it) to avoid the blur. I'm really keen to see how you got on. :)

Rich, now it's dried overnight would you mind taking a couple more photo's? Try setting your camera down on timer and on macro (flower symbol if it has it) to avoid the blur. I'm really keen to see how you got on. :)

here you go , i recon it looks good for the old, rough DIY farmer's plastering  :D :D what colour should it be, or should it be kept white  ??? also over night cracks have appeared which are ok bcause they add to the "old" look  :D

as well as that i have fitted a light , which you cant see very well  :P

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

Is that just render you have gone for then, rather than scoring in brick/stone detail? Colourwise it ought to be weathered. I painted mine a cotswold stone colour then smeared it with a grey to make it look older.