ford chassis allaeys sprayer

been looking for ages for pics of the self propelled sprayer that the real ash tree farm bouhgt when we traded our 575 front/rear tank everad sprayer unit in many years ago,but with very little luck, i knew it was ford powered and blue/white in colour but never the name, today while hunting round bored at home i came across this on farmphoto, along with a build of one, bingo, thats what we had, so been on this since about 11ish this morn,

the real one

alleys7.jpg

now theres a little imagination in this one, as i remember getting up to the tank ect on the near side of the tractor, and pics of these are few and far between but heres mine so far, any help / suggestions very welcome

005.jpg

006.jpg

001.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another nice break from the norm. Looks perfect for Ash Tree's period mate. Nice one indeed. 8):)

(You may well struggle finding pics, Sean. . . . you're spelling the name wrong even though it's plastered down the side of the cab in that pic ::) )

far as i can remember it was the only self propelled sprayer round ours pete ,when we bought it ,all the rest were mounted or trailed

was deff different i must say, cab was very spacious, driver sat to one side so the bit by the door was all clear. been ages hunting down what it was like i said at the start

does anyone know how long they were made for??

Another nice break from the norm. Looks perfect for Ash Tree's period mate. Nice one indeed. 8):)

(You may well struggle finding pics, Sean. . . . you're spelling the name wrong even though it's plastered down the side of the cab in that pic ::) )

tried all sorts, even tried with the right spelling just now, with very little joy, just the few i have found that's it?

meant to say, shes now in bits again, fitted a different back end for the arms which helps no end, pulls the overhang in, and have cut 1cm there abouts out of the tank size, this should all mean i can paint the tank separate to the chassis / metalwork saving me a headache,same will apply to the cab as that will loose the platform at the back to the main chassis work

002-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

i Have some pics on my computer at my parents place.

But that is the older version whit a roundcorners cab ont it!

Shal look for posting them up for you in a short notice ;)

The model is already looking cool mate ;)

ye when i was a kid the only self propelled sprayers were the ones on the david brown skid unit. after i left the farm full time the farm ran one on an x plate. no pics but think it was made by same. pics looking good will the door open to show the interrior.

yeah the door will open mate, its all cut out ready, did come across a pic of one with a fiat skid unit, cab and all, before i found this one, didnt put two and two together so dismissed it, fiat cab threw me

we had the thing till pretty much when we sold up i belive, we did get a mounted sprayer back a few years later, but no front tank

so was ash tree the family farm then mate. well the farm that i worked for have gone back to a trailed sprayer on a 6920. my mate drives it now. the farm that i help out on runs a mounted sprayer and we get a contractor in in the summer with a self propelled machine.

so was ash tree the family farm then mate. well the farm that i worked for have gone back to a trailed sprayer on a 6920. my mate drives it now. the farm that i help out on runs a mounted sprayer and we get a contractor in in the summer with a self propelled machine.

it was mate, one of 3, ash tree , grove farm, (now called something else ) and house farm ,that one was about 20 miles away from the first 2run by my grandad, and 2 uncles, started out at about 2000 acres between the 3 of them , and when sold it was arround 10000ish, maybe a little under that

hence the self propled being bought, the first one was constantly mounted on the 575, took ages to fit / take off, it only came off when we sold it ,we swapped the very low hours sprayer one with the higher hrs regular used one

looks great Sean, as mentioned, not see one before either!!

you gonna put some thinner wheels on her??, found a use for some old sprayer arms now as well! :D :D

possiblly mate, will look into that when i find some, do need to swap the rears for ford 5000 ones not 7600 ones with the weights at some point mind

none of the sons went into it, so when the old fella died (great grandad)they sold up my grandad has passed away by then, and the remaining 2 were in their late 60's by then, that was 15 ish years ago now,both still going well mind

nice work there sean looking good  :-*

see udis right your realy a ford man :-*:-* :-*:D :D :D :D :D :D

mm he can dream :D :D not sure if they made them with any skid units or just fords / fiats, as thats the only pics i have seen of them so far i must say

yeah still need to do that mate, the steps on the other side will fold up to ,so not down when i use,any idea where the exhaust came out?? i seem to remember between the booms and tank on the nearside??

ref exhaust mate i reckon cat walk behind cab needs to be a bir narrower i believe the exhaust came straight up from its original position without bends or elbows. remember the exhaust was near the front of the bonnet not where britains put it. i believe the first machine was farm built on a ford 5000 , unsure if they were manufactured elsewhere or farm produced machines ???.the original farm built had very square cab, as already mentioned some cabs were more rounded on the corners. be nice if anyone knows anymore or correct any of my recollections if wrong.have in the past rebuilt some of these using ford q cab and county high lift kits like knights sprayers used.look forward to seeing this as it progresses.