ford chassis allaeys sprayer

thanks nick, will have a play with that, pic are hard to find, only other v ersion i have found was a fiat chassis one, looked different i must say

not that it helps much but you can just see top of exhaust pipe on picture looking through back of cab in picture extremely rusty!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mm hard to tell from that isnt it?? if it was in the origonal place wouldnt it be taller ?? that alomst looks to be further back to me?? maybe on the side, sure i remember swapping the exhaust on ours when we had it, and working on the floor at the side not on the paltform, but it was so long ago now i aint 100% sure

Interesting Sean  :D

There was one round here years ago but can't remember much about it.

I found this on the web, if it helps.  :)

that looks like it has the original 6600 exhaust fitted turned around ,with narrow catwalk perhaps that fitted direct on exhaust manifold. these cabs sat right back to the radiator.

cheers john, another usefull pic,the platforms going off tommorrow night when i get home so i can mount it to the sprayer tanks chassis work, so will narrow the platform up and fit it in there, cant have been overly safe given that rear window seem to open certanly seem to have a slide look in the first pic i had?? , exhaust fumes at that sort of position,

many thanks to chris (belarusfan) for just sending me a full set of pictures for the machine i first posted a picture of, looking at them, compoaired to my build i aint to far  off at all, loads of extra info now, so all being well back to it saturday, or sunday

got a bit more done today, new farmework and platfrom area built and now all in ford blue to match the tractor chassis, started a bit more on the cab, roof made, door fitted so it works, roofs still loose so i can do the inners, also got the tank finished sanding wise but no white paint right now so that will have to wait

had a mishap with the front axel, was my working ford one, but i droped the chassis breaking the axel so leaving her on a normal non steer one now, also swapped the rear wheels, same dia but now a little narrower running on uh ergos rears, seems to suit her a bit more i think?

007.jpg

005-2.jpg

tank in place

004-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

Interesting alright, never seen one nor am likely too now I suppose but as a model it looks a nice little machine, Sean. Leverets could well do with one of these!  ;D

One question, why do you paint parts before the model is finished as a dry build? :-\

not got that much more to do to the arms / body chassis mate, so it can be painted ok, really depends on the build, some get painted at the end once i am happy, others in bits like this,seeing as its sectional in build, like tank cab and arms ect if that makes sence

anything i have missed can always be added later as a seperate made part 

bit more today, all the pipeworks on, got to drill and fit them through the main boom part, its not the real way but 25 bits or wire dont bend that easy, all tied in with cotton, also got the tank painted up and the cab/roof bit, and started the cab interior, going to try the decals later on including the blue cab strip, be easier than trying to mask and paint i think

also rebuilt the steering front axel, still the origonal ford one, but now mostly plasti strut being used for the mechanism, wont steer like the jd 4020 one, but its only really for show on this build

exhaust is all made ready to fit,and been looking at the smaller side underside tanks ect, still undecided whether to mate the small tank on the side of the cab mind, dont remember ours having one there like that to be honest

007-1.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

008.jpg

011.jpg