At work with Stuarty C (wee nash)

Stuarty C

fab pictures of your uncle contracting ...why did he give up ? that claas 75 is better  than that 2205 new holland

why he gave up, i dont actually know for sure  :-\ think it may have been because milking became more of a full time job. the claas looks some yolk and from what ive heard she was, big header 220 i think and all the shoot extensions, only because the header was so big it wouldnt fold in behind the tractor  :D :D  yea we were keeping an eye out for any second hand claas 75's or 10x's for when the 2205 caves  ::) ::):D

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely photo's of the old Inter there, Stuart. Also admire the 'through the flowers' shots of your raking set up. Does your rake have electrics? I think our gang will trade the Krone Swadro 761 in for one of those in the near future. We have electrics but won't have on whichever new one we get. A no need upgrade we think.

On the raking talk I run ours at 375pto revs in 1000 giving the tractor 1400rpm and 4 - 5mph and that's plenty to clean up, leave a nice row and keep ahead of the Jag 840 or round baler.

Lovely photo's of the old Inter there, Stuart. Also admire the 'through the flowers' shots of your raking set up. Does your rake have electrics? I think our gang will trade the Krone Swadro 761 in for one of those in the near future. We have electrics but won't have on whichever new one we get. A no need upgrade we think.

On the raking talk I run ours at 375pto revs in 1000 giving the tractor 1400rpm and 4 - 5mph and that's plenty to clean up, leave a nice row and keep ahead of the Jag 840 or round baler.

no ours dosnt have any electronics, we were gona go for the 2700 but did really want electronics  :-\ yeah 4-5 here, just seems slow to me  :-\

is the new holland 2205 yours or contractors

Contractors  ;)

well this week got all the slurry out, putting about 2000 gallon to the acre, always loved spreading slurry but this was first time roading with it, tankers a bouncy pig  :-[:-\

lgim0534.jpg

lgim0528.jpg

lgim0543.jpg

lgim0545.jpg

lgim0560.jpg

lgim0566.jpg

nice shots stu! tidy tanker :o;)

Cheers davy

she not bad, washed her a few weeks back, paints fading on top  :(>:(

we've all done it  :D since all our trailers has all up and over doors they have that wire down the sides to pull the door up they catch on everything  ::):o as i found out when i hauled half a tree down  :D :D

really annoyed me, it was the bar that lifts the latch on the herron doors, bent it and it opened the latch, headed to the yard with full load and door only half closed on one latch  :-\ ::):D

Cheers davy

she not bad, washed her a few weeks back, paints fading on top   :(>:(

really annoyed me, it was the bar that lifts the latch on the herron doors, bent it and it opened the latch, headed to the yard with full load and door only half closed on one latch  :-\ ::):D

you should polish her! i went up to the yard one night an the boss had the tanker backed into the shed an was polishing away, recons it keeps the paint work good,i would say he is right though :-\

you should polish her! i went up to the yard one night an the boss had the tanker backed into the shed an was polishing away, recons it keeps the paint work good,i would say he is right though :-\

the boss can work away well, id polish a tractor before an oul tanker  ::) ::);)

that tankers fairly fresh looking we have a 12year old hispec paint work hasnt faded to that extent and it outside but it does suffer from rust around the splash plate even though i keep it clean usually give it a spuirt of water with a hose between loads if its windy but  i never really fancied those redrock tankers because they seem very top heavy one thing to watch out for aswell is if you have a sprung drawbar have wheels  pumped up well if you swing in a gap the drawbar starts bouncing and throws all the weight on one wheel if it isnt hard enough over the tank will go happen a fella near us slurry went everywhere had to lend another tank to wash off the road :D