Driver or No Driver??

Which do you prefer... a Driver or NO Driver in your Britains models ?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer... a Driver or NO Driver in your Britains models ?

• Driver for me please
    • NO Driver thanks

hi guys,

im sure you will remember that the older britains tractors, landrovers, combines etc. were all brought out with a driver in the cab, nowadays it seems britains has done away with the driver.

so what do you prefer Driver or No Driver??

for me, i would definately vote for the driver, the cab seems to empty without one!!

Got to have a driver, when the tractor is parked up the driver gets out, simple as that. It' all very well having a fleet of 50 tractors but if there's no drivers what's the point! If there's not enough work for all the drivers you can always lay them off.

Its an interesting poll this one.

Britains removed the driver years ago (before FTF) at the request of collectors by all accounts. There is potential to bring them back with FTF models if I felt it would be worthwhile.

Its an interesting poll this one.

Britains removed the driver years ago at the request of collectors by all accounts.

Not heard that excuse before.  I always felt it had more to do with Ertl owning the brand - Ertl never have fitted a driver, and it would also have saved on costs. 

I liked them with a driver (but I have got used to it) - but I have to admit that I was never very impressed with the chimpanzee that masqueraded as a driver in the last few years!

What I like about the drivers is:

a) they show the farm 'fashion' gear of the time!

B) when you play with your toys they become real people with characters (no sniggering- you all know what I mean!)

c) a diorama cannot be complete without real folk to set the scene

My Britains showjumping and stable set had loads of riders/drivers/grooms - they all had names and they were all people I knew in real life.

like drivers if i can get them into the convos ,but not always possable if i have to fix the cab on, for new stuff, why not, providing its not a old one just repainted, no reason why we couldnt see siku ones with them, providing te cab comes off so you can removethem if you wanted

Siku did not do the same driver six times, they are identical sextuplites that have affiliations to six different tractor manufacturers. It was the only way their mother could tell them apart when they were growing up, give them a different boilersuit each.

I like having a driver in the cab as I bought a load to go in some of my mf convos but the fashion is still the same as years ago,a boiler suit

Those siku mens conks are more suited to snorting lines of the white stuff ::)

:D :D :D :D And they all take speed by the looks of it!

;D ;D or having a bad case of the DT's. 

Come to think of it they may be considering doing something like this...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Rolls-Royce-Crashes-Into-Hampshire-Tesco-Driver-Arrested-After-Six-Injured-In-River-Way-Andover/Article/200905315285750?f=rss

Well, I love my tractor drivers - they're all good for something ;D And they're mega easy to convert to fit other vehicles too - I'm always cutting their bits off and sticking them back together again. Painted a guy's overall JD green, shortened his legs and put him in a transit recently :)