Rangeview farm

Kiwi6920

Well it was time i started a new diorama, run of out cabnet space again :D

This is the biggest display i hav emade, its split level, has a over lap just the right size to use as a big shed ;)

Well here are some pics, it has a large feed supply area and thinking of making a feed pad also

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

and the break in crew...

IMG_1109.jpg

Thanks tris and rich

The kennan is a idea from where we spent weeks carting silage this year, he has a feed wagon mounted on the back of the truck as the feed storage area is 5km from the closest farm and 20 from the furtherst, they have a redrock mixer wagon for mixing onto the ground then the load the truck with the mix, the mixer on the truck is to heavy to be road legal. hence the double handling.

The layout is 5m long by 1.2m wide.. pleanty of space i think....

• 2 weeks later...

Small update today, had a ver special delivery.

IMG_1161.jpg

Blocks for my new silage bin and anti spill wall for the bunker

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

They are made by a NZ company, they are 1;20 scale wooden blocks of the bricks they make called interblocks, they lock together so they are strong and idea for bins

The double silage pit

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

Shall get some more pics in the day light

• 10 months later...

well had a major change today, went to take pictures and decided nah down it comes and change sides of the garage, was sick of hitting my car door on it ::)

the before pictures

IMG_3337.jpg

IMG_3336.jpg

and now, its about the same length but 500mm wide on the upper level

IMG_3339.jpg

IMG_3343.jpg

im trying this railway powder for the grass and a cultivated paddock might be the more expensive way, im not sure yet

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3340.jpg

And the most intersting pice to be on my lay out, just need to get polystyrine block to make the river for it to flow off, should look good i hope

IMG_3344.jpg

thats around about where i plan on having it come downthen go under the ramp/ cutting up to the top

Be interesting to see how your waterfall turns out. I've just started stocking this range and quite liked the idea of making a little waterfall on one of my layouts - its looks fairly straightfoward in the screenshot :)

looks simpe, takes around 3-4days to make tho... the kit only has enough water to make a river 2 1/2 in wide 9in long and 1/8in deep and the waterfall can only be 1 1/4 in wide by 5in high buy 3/32 thick, i need more of both types of water they include, should have a plastred pic up 2morrow with luck

marked out my 2 paddocks up the top now trying to figure how many sheds or paddocks for the bottom or if its all yard/shed space or all paddocks and no sheds, whats your opion folks? farm paddocks or sheds and yard?

Are you going to use the Woodland Scenics polystyrene block? I thought about it when I did my pond, but ended up using their Plaster Cloth to make the contoured hill instead :-\ According the the screenshot you can use the two together - drape the cloth over the polystyrene.

Are you going to use the Woodland Scenics polystyrene block? I thought about it when I did my pond, but ended up using their Plaster Cloth to make the contoured hill instead :-\ According the the screenshot you can use the two together - drape the cloth over the polystyrene.

No i just layerd wet paper towls to make the shallow banks, with luck i can paint it deep... have to get more plaster cloth from the model shop as well as the 2 waters, i can see they wont be enough and i have used the plater colth and havent done 1/3 of the water way ..

small update, had a couple of issues like mandy had with the water stuff but all sorted now, well i hope ::)

IMG_3347.jpg

IMG_3348.jpg

Im fairly happy with it at the moment, this has inspired me to get as much detal in as i can so its going to be a while before i have machines working the paddocks..... not like me at all

It's nice to see so much detail being added, Nick - I had great fun with plaster cloth. When I eventually have room for a proper layout I would really like to do something like this. And as for adding machinery - just think how great it's going to look photographed with a waterfall in the background :)

Aaaah Nick that's brilliant. What a great idea to make use of the split level. A lovely scene is what that'll be. Couple of Preiser hobbit children splashing around in the pool beneath the waterfall. . . . . burst slurry pipe up stream. . . . ! :D :D