ANGUS AGRICULTURAL SHOW AT BRECHIN inc VINTAGE TRACTORS & TRUCK SHOW - 13/06/09

BC

This Saturday sees the Angus Agricultural show at Brechin which hosts a Vintage tractor display and a mini Truck show ( mainly motor lorries ) . I plan to go to return a shield I won last year but will not be exhibiting this time to give me more time to look and speak to people. May grab a few photos at the same time  ;) ;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well get loads of pictures please as i wont be home for it. if you go through the cattle if you see any cattle from firhills farms can you get some pictures.

I will try Peter. Having the tractor with me last year I had no time to see the livestock. Only managed the vintage section, the trade stalls and the truck show. I plan to be down early as I have a shield I won to return so I'll have a wander in the livestock section and see what i can get for you.

Just giving someone else a chance this year then Bill  ::) ::)::) ::)::) ::)::)

Well yes Mike...no not really I'm just laying off pulling at the trailer out of the back garden and roping on etc to ensure I don't aggrevate my back in any way now that it has improved significantly. I'm kind of  having a 1/2 year out of displaying  and only attending shows at present. Hopefully I'll exhibit at some of the August and September ones so watch the Events and Shows Board ;) ;)

Hope you have a good time Bill, sadly won't make it myself due to work as I already have Friday off  :o but there's a fair few folk I know going I think........ :)

Shame about that Mart but I'm sure some of these years we will met up yet ;) ;)

FARMERS name is Jim Muirhead. if he asks just tell him the pitures are for me.  no that is one of the guys that does a bit of contracting know his son hamish. no firhills is on the back road to arbroath from friockheim. it is across from smiles tattie shed and just before you go over the railyway bridge. we have three farms in total firhills upper newbigg and pebbles farm which is at the back of condor it has the big black hanger shed.

Thanks Peter I will have a look out and ask about if i see any of his cattle. What breed is he likely to showing ??? ???

I would image the two Alan Smith's will be there and given tey are from Arbroath I assume they will know him.

Well I was up early on Saturday and left home just before 6.30am and was down at the Brechin showground around 7.15 am. My first stop was a visit to the trade stands before the stands were mobbed with people.

First up a John Deere 9540(i) WTS combine on board a trailer pulled by an Iveco Stralia

AG09001.jpg

AG09002.jpg

A John Deere 6630

AG09003.jpg

Now a DAF 95X with a load for the vintage section

AG09004.jpg

AG09005.jpg

Now specially for "pistol pete"

Hope this reminds you of home Peter ;) ;)

The Muirhead pen

AG09040.jpg

The 3 Charolais of Jim Muirhead

AG09041.jpg

AG09042.jpg

Jim with the Champion and Reserve Charolais

AG09116.jpg

The pen

AG09117.jpg

Jim in the final prade with the Campion Charolais

AG09128.jpg

Now the only FTF member I met at the show was "Pentland500" showing his Beltex sheep

Nice top catch up with you Graham and hope you had a good day.

Graham is in the middle with the collar and tie

AG09114.jpg

AG09115.jpg

Now I do like the these "Black Beauties" the Aberdeen Angus

AG09043.jpg

Now I saw Tris had his eye on a Triump Vitesse in another post last week. Not a Vitesse but will a Herald do for you Tris ??? ???

AG09044.jpg

Now on to the vintage tractor part of the show

1963 International B414 and loader

AG09045.jpg

1960 MF35 with Duncan cab

AG09046.jpg

1964 Fordson Super Dexta

AG09047.jpg

1964 Fordson Super Major

AG09048.jpg

1962 MF 65

AG09049.jpg