ANGUS AGRICULTURAL SHOW AT BRECHIN inc VINTAGE TRACTORS & TRUCK SHOW - 13/06/09

BC

Looks like a good day bill.

Good to see the AM Phillip stand and I take it the JD stand was Netherton Tractors.

Ross Agri are in Turrriff as well always have some nice gear there. Who was the Claas and New holland dealers?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1956 Ransomes MG6

AG09069.jpg

1956 French Farmall Cub

AG09070.jpg

1950 Polar Ferguson TEA

AG09071.jpg

1947 John Deere

AG09072.jpg

1948 Case LA

AG09074.jpg

On the tail of the Case and plough is a W Wilder & Sons  1930's seeding machine

AG09073.jpg

Now on to the truck show

V8 580 Scania

AG09027.jpg

I had a giggle at the back of this one. reminds me of something what J & G Riddell of Glenkindie have on the back of their Volvos lets say  its says Scanies are ( rymes with teh name of one of Marky's tractors names £

AG09026.jpg

Volvo

AG09028.jpg

Mercedes Actros

AG09029.jpg

Scania 164L V8 580

AG09030.jpg

Daf LF

AG09031.jpg

The last ones from the truck show

Has Leyland and a MF in the trailer

AG09038.jpg

AG09039.jpg

Now Scania Row from D M Carnegie

AG09097.jpg

Two Volvos from Doug Mitchell ....his son Clive organises this section so his own truck wasn't entered

AG09098.jpg

AG09099.jpg

Scania 143M V8 500 which is still used daily in and around Aberdeen. Driver is "Metal Mickey" and is fanatical about keeping his lorries. Prioer to this one he drove a Scania T cab for Kennedys and prior to that some ofd Tom Shank's fancy motors

AG09100.jpg

Now the Vintage Tractor Results

Diesels 1900 - 1957

First in class and the Fendt Trophy went to the CAT D6 of Jim Hair

AG09101.jpg

2nd - 1955 Fordson Major Diesel

AG09102.jpg

3rd 1949 Cat D2

AG09103.jpg

4th 1956 International B250

AG09104.jpg

Petrol / Paraffin - 1900 to 1957

1st in class and the George Tawse Shield ( The class I won last year )

1943 Ford Ferguson 9 NAN

AG09112.jpg

2nd

1952 Cockshut 40

AG09111.jpg

3rd

1951 Ferguson TED

AG09110.jpg

4th

1956 International Farmall ( French ) Cub

AG09109.jpg

5th

David Brown

AG09108.jpg

Vintage Rally Class

First in class and the Lyall Norrie Trophy

1960 MF 35

AG09120.jpg

2nd

1950 Ferguson TED 20

AG09119.jpg

Both first and second were a father and son team from Brechin / Montrose Sye and Michael Robertson

3rd

1940 John Deere B

AG09127.jpg

4th

Fordson Dexta

AG09121.jpg

Commercials

First and the Angus Agricultural Association Tankard

1962 Austin Pick Up truck -

This is the man who used to get me to do his ratchetss straps for him ;) ;) he didnt ask this year so maybe he has mastered them. I really need to learn him how to tie ropes now ;) ;)

AG09123.jpg

2nd

1961 Morris flat bed

AG09124.jpg

Well its coming to the end of the 156h Angus Show at Brechin for me and all that remains is to watch the vintage tractor parade and get back up the road and head out for a few beers because it has been a hot and tiring day ;) ;)

The heavy horse a and cart judging

AG09133.jpg

The Grey Fergie Tractor rebuilt.

A team of 6 assemble a Grey Fergie tractor which they have dismantled earlier on in the day.

Usually they do a race against another team. The "Mearns" lads got well and truly whipped by the team from the "Broch" at the Fraserburgh Vintage Rally a eerk ago. Away its all a bit of fun.

This is the first time they have done the rebuild on a moving trailer....it was barely crawling ...mind you that hardly surprising it was one of those red Massey thingys that was trying to pull them along ;D ;D

I think they completed and started and drove the Fergie off the trailer in around 12 minutes but it could have been less

AG09134.jpg

AG09135.jpg

Well folks that it from me. I hope you have enjoyed...I certainly did and look forward to returning next year with one of my tractors as well.

Has noone been able to quess what the mystery implement is yet...I am most disappointed  >:( >:(

Looks like a good day bill.

Good to see the AM Phillip stand and I take it the JD stand was Netherton Tractors.

Ross Agri are in Turrriff as well always have some nice gear there. Who was the Claas and New holland dealers?

I certainly enjoyed my day out and I had more time to wander and shap than usual not having a tractor with me Rob. Yes the JD dealer would have been Netherton Tractors beside Finavon. Not sure who the Class adn NH dealers were though

Cracking pictures Bill, looks like you had a good day, 64' Super Major looks gorgeous and that Cat D6 very nice, :) is the implement a Sugar Beet gapper/thinner?

It was a fantastic day out David and glad you enjoyed the photos

The 64 Super major was a cracker but the owner is a paint sprayer to trade so if he can't paint a tractor well I don't know who can. he also won a secolnd with his 1955 Fordson Major. They are both done in two pack paint whereas me i do mine in the more authentic synthetic enamel.

Yes the Cat D6 was a nice mean looking beast

Sorry wrong quess on the mystery implement

Good photos Bill

Dont know what your implement does , but it is a Smallford  ,  like the Setrite planter Britains made .

Recognise black 143 L 500 OGA , was in my brothers yard  last week , is  owned by his friend   , who drove for my brother many years ago before setting up on his own . Has been MOT'd last week   & is basically only a showthing now  .

Glad you enjoyed the phots Iain.

yes it is made by Smallford but you managed to decifer that of the side of the photo...didn't you ??? ???

You are correct it is a planter but what for is now the question ??? ???#

I'm sure that Scania 143 was there last year..in fact it was here it is minus the bulker.

26c09b2d.jpg

I see its a 500 and a biot bigger than my pals 470 143. Those old girls have earned their keep and sshould now only be used as show things ;) ;)

310509-1.jpg