bluefan in north yorkshire

Pete

well here go's with the start of the base ;D, eagle eyes may well notice they are from my old layout (rip) :( these two are the only bits been used. Also included my fleet, its not large and is waiting the addition of a 6640 with loader. ;D ;D

fleet list is NHt7060, NHtsa135, ford 5000, jcb loadall, NH TX66 combine plus ford 6640 when it arrives :D

post-1653-132639119268_thumb.jpg

post-1653-132639119287_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

just one quick photo update ;D started on the hill to the left of the farm. Will be split in 2 grass fields when finished, one for grazing with rougth bits of gorse bushes and the front one been the largest to be for silage cutting. Built from wood framing covered by chicken mesh. Once all frame work completd will be covered by paper mach and polyfiller covered by plaster filler to get good solid base. rougth field to be done with scatter material to achieve clumps, silage field will be a matt for smooth surface ;).

managed to get nearly 3 hours to myself tonight :D :D and spent it in the cellar building up the farm ;) the two fields to the left which have been done for hills are now constructed and the base coat laid drying, the yard had become a mess from everything been moved and dumped so this was cleared and 2 britains sheds erected for a nice GP shed. Still noB****y camera so going shopping in the morning for a replacement ;D lots of pictures tommorrow ;);D

thanks rich ;D, looking forward to recieving the matting for the silage field so it can be set up for the compitition ;), lots still to do was going to build a bin grain store but not sure ??? also need to d the sheep dip and pens ;D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Its been a few weeks since anything got done on here but to be honest i'm thinking of building a smaller unit which can easily transported to shows. If i worked on a unit of 2-250 acres the buildings needed for storage would be less so the yard would be smaller, also machines will be smaller so yards, tracks and storage space can be smaller. Growing up i spent a lot of time on a few small units of 150-300 acres but that was 18years ago and since have only spent time on units around 1000 acres so not sure on what machines will be suitable. Tractors i'm thinking  the mf590 possibly my 2640 deffinatly my 3070. I would like a 135 with a loader as a yard tractor and a newer tractor would be nice but need possible ideas on that. Is a loadall too much on a unit this size? and combine wise i'm not sure i know my tx66 is too big so would need to change and had thought of getting that cheap plastic one that resembles a class dominator but again open to options. Would the scale down dowdswell ploughs make 4 furrow ploughs or are they the wrong style?

Opions and ideas welcome,