Farmyard Layout

SPN

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Boys and Girls.

I've resized these at home because I couldn't trust you-know-who to resize them for me.  ;D

The lads are going to travel to Spalding and we're hoping to have T-Shirts for you to buy there!  8) They will also be signing autographs!

But seriously, here's more of the good stuff: (starting with the MF sign)

I'm still in awe of these guys!

Michael of Farmmodels.Net fame is in awe of these guys! (and that is saying something!)

The Lee trailers are built from ice-lolly sticks. The silage rake on the JCB is scratch built. The silage pit walls, and the stand for the molasses tank are 6mm OSB with the panels/blocks scored with a Dremel. The rail on the top of the silage pit is made from matchsticks. The soil in the tillage scene is peat moss. The silage is sawdust mixed with green oxide paint (the type used to paint haysheds). Smallclaas will vouch for this technique as he was the first person I saw doing it - now everybody is doing it  :D

Check out the CB aerial on the JCB. Michael thought it was so cool when he saw it that he went home and made one for his JCB!

The bad news is that ideas for the next edition are thin on the ground. Anybody got any thoughts?

What make is the 4CX in the top picture SPN??

It's based on the Britains 3cx belive it or not :o :o :o :o

I was talking to Paul the other night and he was telling me about the conversion. ;) ;)

Be good to see what the boy's come up with when they get there new models home from Spalding,I think you see a trailed JF filling those Lee trailers :D :D :D

Holy God, thats some display. Thanks for putting up the pics Stan. Those guys are some competition for Michael I can tell you. Im really raging I missed your little meet up last week now! >:( John was delighted to meet ye though. It would be nice if we could do it at the weekend. Tell the boys they're welcome to come up to my place and give me tips anytime! :D

PS: Lee trailers hit the spot!!

The bad news is that ideas for the next edition are thin on the ground. Anybody got any thoughts?

considering the clamp pics, some of the forager & mowers would be good & seeing as you're in ireland ,how about some spud planting  / harvesting

same as deer-est, running out of things to say about this display so if the site goes soggy it means i'm drooling  :) :)

It's based on the Britains 3cx belive it or not :o :o :o :o

I was talking to Paul the other night and he was telling me about the conversion. ;) ;)

Be good to see what the boy's come up with when they get there new models home from Spalding,I think you see a trailed JF filling those Lee trailers :D :D :D

Thought so with the cab, I wonder what axles they have used on it??

Thought so with the cab, I wonder what axles they have used on it??

Paul, the answer to the question asked was "JCB"!  ;D

The axles are standard JOAL front axles. I can't remember what wheels he used. The jacks are from an ERTL Case 580.

MJB: I've got a 4ft x 2ft silage field board done, and I'm expanding it to 4ft x 4ft shortly. There are pictures of it on a couple of other threads here somewhere. I'll post some of the expanded version when I get to finishing it. It'll be the first outing of my New Holland FX.

James: Do you reckon you could get drawings/measurements of a Lee 16ft tandem axle? Both Paul and I are interested in making one of those. They were a beautifully proportioned trailer.

• 1 month later...