New manufacturer - Imber Models - Ford 5640

Barry

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be a trading name, Imber is an MOD village not far from where we all live. It was taken over for urban warfare training (for WWII) from the inhabitants. The village is open just a few days a year to visit and for relatives to tend to graves at St Georges church there.

• 3 months later...

Seen today at Toytrac, Website live tomorrow!!!!

Ford 5640 first (4 versions SL 4WD and 2WD, SLE 4WD and 2WD)

Then, to follow, 7740, 7840 and 8340.

All will be seen on new website tomorrow....the detail on the model was fantastic, the correct steering rams and everything, the SLE verion will be different to the SL version (different cab layouit etc), and there will be a whole array of front attachments, weights, front linkage and plain front, all interchangable!!!

All praise Steve and Karen  :P;D 

Seen today at Toytrac, Website live tomorrow!!!!

Ford 5640 first (4 versions SL 4WD and 2WD, SLE 4WD and 2WD)

Then, to follow, 7740, 7840 and 8340.

All will be seen on new website tomorrow....the detail on the model was fantastic, the correct steering rams and everything, the SLE verion will be different to the SL version (different cab layouit etc), and there will be a whole array of front attachments, weights, front linkage and plain front, all interchangable!!!

All praise Steve and Karen  :P;D

:P :P :P  thats what i like to hear

Ordered all 4 variants much to the other halfs moaning ;D

If you own Weise, Wiking or similar tractor even you will be in utter awe at this new line of models. Truelly incredible!

Exeptional model Tris, did you see the steering ram on the front axel  :o

I did the same as you...odered all four variants, not told my other half though  ;D

ok..where can i order? i dont even have to see them.. it's been a long wait of models from a series forgotten by all manufacturers!!!

Check farmmodels.co.uk tomorrow, the IM website will be live with pictures and information and you will be able to order.

I wonder if Steve and Karen are going to Zwolle with them, i think they are supposed to be ready for delivery sometime next month

Sounds good, any idea on prices and numbers produced?

They were fantastic, I only ordered the two 4WD versions though.  Would be hung, drawn and quartered if I'd have bought all 4!! Quantities to be produced are 2,500 each of the two 4WD and 1,000 each of the 2WD versions.  Selling well at time I left.

Any agco stuff in the pipeline??

Ag what?! When you see these Nial you'll want very little else. Two years Steve says it took to get here. I think he'll be wanting a rest before even entertaining the thought of another OEM.

Like PDH and Barry have said, just wait untill you see them or pics of them. Model collecting just got fun again. Time to thin the collection!!