DJ Agri

Dan

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great pictures there dan great looking farm where did you get the silage trailers would love afew of them

Thanks very much  :)  some came from a local toy shop & the others came from ebay  ;)

• 3 years later...

Well I have not updated this topic in a long time, a change of circumstances meant I lost the space for my layout. I have recently got a small amount of space to display a few models.

DJ Agri  are small - medium agricultural contractors, the fleet is mainly John Deere with the exception being the flagship of the fleet which is the big Massey and a few older fords which are mainly for fun but are sometimes called into service. Here is a few pics before going out silaging

The big massey the 8280 Extra on the Kuhn triple mowers the rear mowers are new for this year after previously having just 1 mower behind it. Also the Ford 7810 on the Kuhn tedder the Ford still see's some service and is handy for lighter jobs.

p1010511u.jpg

Next up is 1 of 2 6820's on the Krone rake , this JD is sometimes used to buckrake hence no mudguards

p1010514q.jpg

This is the older of the 2 6820's which we are looking to change this one as its starting to show its age still a good tractor ,seen here with 2 trailers as some farmers like to ferry on their own tractor and its easier to take the trailer to them.

p1010520xm.jpg

The chopper , closely followed by the Farmmaster which is used on the pit

p1010524o.jpg

Next up is the 6920 this is my Favourite tractor in the fleet , along with the 6920s before they head off

p1010577.jpg

As mentioned there are also a few classic tractors 1 or 2 have seen service on the farm or in the contracting business over the years and a couple are recognisable in the topic. The classics are mainly fords with 1 Massey which is owned by the driver of the Massey 8280 they are all in restored condition and are currently residing in the hay barn.

p1010537v.jpg

The farm never had a county but when this one came up for sale locally it had to be brought and is now the pride off the classics and does see abit off work in the summer.

p1010549ww.jpg

The Massey as said is owned by 1 of the tractor drivers & has been restored to a high standard , he is very proud of his red machine

p1010539cg.jpg

The fords have all been restored over the years in the winter when the contracting side off the business slows up there is also a 7810 Silver jubilee ,TW25 and a couple of others hiding at the back of the shed , these will make an appearance at some time in the topic.

p1010552k.jpg

Sorry about the quality of some of the pics , anyway enjoy and I will try and keep the topic updated :)

• 3 weeks later...

With all the pit silage safely gathered in its time to be getting on with some silage bales, these bales are off our own land as there isn't any stock at the yard these bales will be sold in the winter. The fields have been baled & wrapped here we have the 6920 & 6920s carting the bales back to the yard with the 3400 loading & stacking back at the yard.

ps25.jpg

lwp7.jpg

8urd.jpg

7du6.jpg

b96f.jpg

with all the bales back at the yard and not a lot of yard work to do its off to cut some lawns

wak8.jpg

• 1 month later...

With just a couple of farms left to do 2nd cut on we are just getting ready for harvest now. We were at a show recently and were offered a good price on a new silage trailer , we were offered a good price for the red trailer by a farmer who does a lot with compost and since the red trailer is abit big for the tighter farms we decided to change it. So this morning we left the yard with the red trailer.....

blyz.jpg

......And came back with this one , brand new Marston trailer we have always had Marston trailers & found them to be very good so we decided upon a new one this trailer will be a lot handier than the red trailer. Once its got the company stickers on the side it will be ready to go 1st job will probably be some wholecrop.   

6fof.jpg

gve2.jpg

0fve.jpg

Also picked up this Sutton road brush from ebay , which will come in handy on the maize as there always seems to be one place where some mud ends up on the road.

tnez.jpg

nice additions dan, i guess your marston is a resprayed kane?

Thanks it is aye , re sprayed kane with a few parts added from the original Britain's Marston and a few other details  

• 4 weeks later...

Beautiful. I love George's shed and the track with the Brushwood walls look fab. What did you use for the greenery over the wall (cabbages/kale?)?

Aye the shed is brilliant I really like it, The dark green this side of the wall is a grass mat had it for years don't know where it came from or what the proper name would be.

• 3 months later...

Well with another season over its time to wash the machinery off first up the 6210r on the new amazone drill which was new for this season and has preformed well and is a nice match on the 6210r

ts0k.jpg

Also a new buy was the Kuhn power harrow

52qh.jpg

Fits nicely on the homemade lowloader

ncry.jpg

With some of the nice weather this year the county came out for a play ending up on the power harrow

5kbn.jpg

With a few of the John Deere 20 series owned by DJ Agri now getting on abit the chance was taken to purchase this John Deere 7810 from a local farm sale ,with below average hours it will replace a 6820

agjp.jpg

With the straw shed being filled up again the fords will move back into the main shed overwinter but before that they were all taken out for a run seen here lined up :)

jff2.jpg

0zkm.jpg

sth3.jpg

Archived