The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick update...

Here is the new 'rig' for baling... some tweaks to make to the trailer bed I reckon (some locating plates for the baler would make for a safer journey I reckon).. but here it is...

fb0e8efc.jpg

I may possibly even have the baler the other way around and leave it on when baling  :-\

Mate that'd be why its strapped down now stop being silly, that red thing can't go up hills anyway

Isnt it way past your bedtime Pricky.. oops.. sorry Rickaaaaay  ::):-*

I wouldn't marky...

I can see it now, you driving along then turn up into a drive or up an incline then bang.. bent drawbar...  :'( :'(

It's not got a great deal of ground clearance mate that's a fact... although it's not got too bad'a ramp breakover angle as its a fariyl short bed for a low loader really  :-\

i may be wrong but i think mark is saying turn it round on the trailer and leave it on there semi permenant

I am that Tim... not sure it will be too handy like that though

thanks Patrick.... I'll stick with red for now though... Green is not my colour as I'm sure you know  ;):-*

I must confess Sean... I don't think I've ever seen a Bailey in any other colour than the green my dumper is painted  :-[ ... they charged me another £150 for the 'privilege' of having MF red  :of:-[ :'( :D :D

• 3 weeks later...

Have been out baling on Hattie for the last two days... it's all kicking off again this year (I am pleased to say).... and I dropped her off tonight for her 1200 hour service.. which is a two day affair  :of  and promises to be a costly jobbie too  :'(  ... worst thing is... my 'loaner' is a 5465... tier II .. no suspension.. no loader.... and I'd forgotten how horrilbe a rigid

axle is on the road now... what a drive home.. darn near shook my fillings out I can tell you  :'(

Was dark when I dropped off Hattie so I'll get some pictures tomorrow..