The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice buy mark , i'd suggest you get it boarded out & vented though mate , as the condensation from those metal boxes turn things rather manky in a very short space of time indeed

bbc 4 had a programme about shipping containers , it was called 'the box that changed britain' unfortunately it's not available to watch on i player now  :(

very very interesting

back in august i had a 5475 on demo, and i must say i wasnt impressed, she looked a lovely tractor on the outside, then you got to the cab and it had 6100 series steps, 6200 series dash, 6200 series spools, the dyna-4 lever was a bit difficult to hold when the arm rest was down, it was just a bit 'basic' for us, we asked for a 6400 series but they couldn't get that out to us in time so we bought a claas arion 640  :P

• 1 month later...

Well I've been 'buggering around' all day today and achieved the sum total of F nothing ... but I thought I'd post some images in here.... just so I can put something on my time sheet for Mrs F  :-[

first of all.. I had a stone delivery today... we sell a white 20mm shingle from Essex... expensive... but so much nicer than our local yellow stuff..

here is 20.5t in my bay awaiting the lumpy treatment.. it arrived while I still had my nighty on  :of :of

fda3fb31.jpg

I had this 'thing' adapted so I can load cubic metre scoops in one hit with my bucket on Hattie..

b62d6df3.jpg

works well... but its so big you have to crane your neck to see the bucket edge... thank goodness for the MF Visio roof that's all I can say - this is the view through the hatch hole  :)

704cb737.jpg

So.. the idea is... one of us sits on the tractor seat.. runnning in and out of the pile.. while the other one runs around like a headless chicken moving the filled bags etc..

Being the fair, equal opportunities employer I am... I gave Lumpy the choice... he could be the chicken... or..... the chicken  ;D:-[:D :D

This is the bund halfway through emptying... I've taken 6 cubes of stone and loaded them loose in my trailer for one job... to save 6 bags

e3206e78.jpg

As I've pis annoyed my neighbours with my recent antics I've had to load the bags on my trailer and take them down the farm for storage... whiich is far from ideal really... but needs must..

4159bda1.jpg

when full it takes 8 x 1t bags.... which... if you are good at maths is 8t  ;);D:-*  (that was for Sean's benefit.. he does struggle to keep up)

1d6e59f0.jpg

out of sinc. now... but anyway.. this is the Lumpmeister general running about like a headless chicken while I listen to Heart FM  :-[:P

dcc420ea.jpg

Once down the farm we offloaded them along the side of my container and went back for another lot... here is a view of my allocated space I have down the farm..

f676b8a4.jpg

Tidy or what...  :of:)

d56f7203.jpg

Any questions... bugger off and don't be so nosey  >:(

Just kidding... fire away  :-*

The veg place isn't annoyed with me Sean... that's me you daft ghet  ::):D :D  .. it's the case packers and bookeeping people that are annoyed with me the most mate  :-[  .. on the lookj out for a yard... but everywhere around her is so expensive... and I can't put up with a long drive to work at my age  :-[

The bunds were only designed to fit a trailer load in mate... which is 12-14t...  :-[

never said it was the veg place thats after you  :of :of :of;D ;D ;D ;D  ,would your new farmer buddy sell you a few acres to use proper??? small barn / lock up to keep hattie ect in??? not that far from the main work then are you

I very much doubt it mate... don't really know him well enough to ask a question like that really  :-\  .. I do have a few feelers out, one of which is looking MILDLY promising at the present time