What is the most you have paid for a model tractor?

Udimore

have never paid more that ?15 for a tractor as they're usually around the ?8 - 13 mark but seeing DT's convos i'm very tempted .

More than ?20 is too much although i may stretch to that for a 6600 at sometime, but only if i have to ;)

I'm more of an off the shelf run of the mill collector & sometimes make my own modifications  :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One weekend about 6 years ago I went to a local 'antique' toy shop. ?He had just taken in a Britains collection, in it was 171F Fordson Major on spades. ?I negotiated and got it for ?275. ?Next day I went to the Shepton Mallet Toyfair and was extremely surprised to find a mint/boxed pair of 171F and 172F Super Majors, ?500 the pair. ?The wife was with me and virtually ordered me to by them. ?These models were rarely seen in such condition and we had been looking for a long while to add to the Britains collection.

At the next Exeter Westpoint Fair about three months alter my wife bought me a mint and boxed 172F Fordson Major for ?300 as a birthday present. ?Expensive at the time but if one looks at the investment angle I think time has shown they were a very good buy.

I would never spend more than these on a Britains tractor. ?Have spent ?150 several times on really rare Britains but these have been many years, I have been collecting Britains Farm for 25 years.

P

One weekend about 6 years ago I went to a local 'antique' toy shop. ?He had just taken in a Britains collection, in it was 171F Fordson Major on spades. ?I negotiated and got it for ?275. ?Next day I went to the Shepton Mallet Toyfair and was extremely surprised to find a mint/boxed pair of 171F and 172F Super Majors, ?500 the pair. ?The wife was with me and virtually ordered me to by them. ?These models were rarely seen in such condition and we had been looking for a long while to add to the Britains collection.

At the next Exeter Westpoint Fair about three months alter my wife bought me a mint and boxed 172F Fordson Major for ?300 as a birthday present. ?Expensive at the time but if one looks at the investment angle I think time has shown they were a very good buy.

I would never spend more than these on a Britains tractor. ?Have spent ?150 several times on really rare Britains but these have been many years, I have been collecting Britains Farm for 25 years.

P

Yes I agree with you there re the investment long term .Also its the charm of the older models which attracts me and the designs of the boxes etc .The old one just happen to be the most expensive but thats life ,if you can afford them ,good luck to ypu .

• 2 weeks later...

ive spent over ?100 on certain items, but generally i buy a shot of stuff in each go so it can often amount to over ?500 at a time which makes me sick thinking about it. if ?i see a good well built model thats detailed and would go with my collection i dont mind paying for it though and that especially goes for the conversions some of which are top class quality

?151 for a Brian Norman Massey, silly money but I had to have it and person bidding against me had taken two items in the previous week that I really wanted.? ;D ;D

Sometimes it has to be done FP - It becomes a presonal thing doesn't it  ???::) - I've taken to putting in a max bid then walking away nowadays.

I try and keep it sensible, my Lexion 600 was avtually cheaper than my JD9880sts (34.99). Heddington & Stockley Steam Fair for the JD, Agritechnica for the 600.

MIB JCB 520 with all accessories, 30.00. Ebay

Ford 7710 or TW20 was 28.00 cant remember which it was. Ebay

Personally, the most I have paid was for a MIMB Deutz Allis, but I guess they will keep going up in value and once you have a perfect one, dont have to worry about ever getting a better one. It was ?200 last year.

Most my Dad has paid, well...in a different league! Several Hundred for some Britains prototypes I think was the biggest bank breaker!

Ok Udi.. I paid ?500.00 for the Hesston MIB. I feel a bit better knowing that someone bought one for ?1,500.00 now that's mad, anyone want to buy mine for?1,000.00? ;D

Thats about the average price i'd say nothing wrong with that, i sold an unboxed one and sold for 400 just before xmas 2004 ;)