Fremantle Farm 1;87

richie

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks great, very nice indeed, do you have 1/87 straw bales :-\ ;)

Yes murray I've straw and wrapped silage bales. Iam planning on doing another stubble field were the baler is busy and also loading bales onto a trailer with the plough in hot pursuit.  Thanks for the great comments guys but Tris there are alot more better layouts on this forum than mine. Its great to see so many layouts, I love looking through this topic keep it up guys they are all great.

sounds goos richie bet they were hard to make or not?, cant wait for the next update then ;D

They were'nt that hard 17 mm dowel painted straw colour and filed round the edges dipped in glue and then into sawdust, Tried to wrap some thread round for string but to bulky so just left them as they are. Same as silage bales but painted with black satin to give that half shine.

all quality richie , thomas has a round baler so must get some bales sorted for him soon he's also like some hills & scenery but our modeling skill are developing slowly , give him too much artistic license & a space shuttle launch pad & runway are going to be built behind the farm house  :D :D

biggest problem is that flat boards are going to be easier to transport to shows so hills will have to wait , love the scenes so far mate , any tips on how to dust / dirty up the machinery  :)

all quality richie , thomas has a round baler so must get some bales sorted for him soon he's also like some hills & scenery but our modeling skill are developing slowly , give him too much artistic license & a space shuttle launch pad & runway are going to be built behind the farm house  :D :D

biggest problem is that flat boards are going to be easier to transport to shows so hills will have to wait , love the scenes so far mate , any tips on how to dust / dirty up the machinery  :)

Ha it shows that he's keen though, I suppose if you are transporting flat is easier. I just use a small brush ( about 5-8 mm ) dip into brown water based paint, Wipe excess off onto a rage then brush lightly back and forth were you would find mud on a machine. Try a old model some like a old car and just have a go with that first, You need to make sure there is not too much paint on the brush thats the important bit. hope that helps. ;)

The views you get with your camera are superb and really make this layout real. The pond looks great, Richie. What didn't you like about it? Ideal field for calvers there too :)

I should of had a lighter colour around the edge of the pond, I painted to much grey to close to the edges, Just me nit picking I suppose.

Finished the plough and bale field today, Iam very pleased with it. See if you's agree with me. ;)

post-59-132639149809_thumb.jpg

post-59-132639149818_thumb.jpg