EARLY MB TRAC 800 CONVERSION

like that paul , especially the rear wheels , or maybe the fronts  ???:D

looks about right mate , farmer near frome bought 2 800's & they were in a really rough state in a northern water authorities livery , they were on smaller wheels , looked quite odd at first , especially when compared to the 1000 / 1500 on wide tyres

I wouldn't mind one of those old Siku Amazone drills mounted behind a powerharrow ;)

this is very neat paul,very like what you would have seen back in the heydays of these dudes... mind you did one for me  with a hopper?  it didn`t have the narrow wheels though..do you mean those wee narrow things with the black plastic wheels, do you have any of them?

so what era would this have come from ? 1970's & when was the green introduced ? as said the only ones of these 800's i ve seen were in a company livery , having said that i think my old neighbour had a green one on a B plate & dillington estate had one for years for the demount sprayer & that was a 1000

She looks very good!

But I thought the 800 was never in this colour scheme, only the 700 was made for a short time in the red and white colour scheme. The 65/70 was only made in red and white.

She looks very good!

But I thought the 800 was never in this colour scheme, only the 700 was made for a short time in the red and white colour scheme. The 65/70 was only made in red and white.

well in that case seeing as pauls only done one ,

it's a limited edition  :D;)

She looks very good!

According to my MB Trac book by Oliver Aust the MB Trac 800 was made in the red/white colours btween 1973 and 1975 ::) ::)

looks good paul, theres a red and white one down here in a local guys workshop/manufactoring yard, nath will know it to i recon, back road from ermington to ivybridge, last time  isaw it they had a hiab rig on the back of it, not sure what number it is mind

i was wrong a red/white 800 im not sure where the red/white colour came from but mercedes were working with schulter for a while or owned them?

Mercedes has plenty of history on the unimog but not much about the mb tracs unfortunately maybe because it was under watveare with deutz.