A FEW OF MY PAST CONVERSIONS

Your joking right ;) ;)

No I'm serious .Like I said when I built them I got the ideas from Tractor and Machinery and Classic Tractor and went to work on scrap tractors .I hadn't been to Spalding or Farmer Giles shows to get any idea of how lucrative it could be .

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only trouble is since I built them we have had 2 more kids and time is spent doing other things at the moment ,shopping,DIY etc !

As mentioned in an earlier topic im in the same boat with a 3yo & 4monthold but find the time cos you have a real talent there coming from someone who hasn't ;)too impatient with the silly paint and things :(

As mentioned in an earlier topic im in the same boat with a 3yo & 4monthold but find the time cos you have a real talent there coming from someone who hasn't ;)too impatient with the silly paint and things :(

Like I said before I just got ideas from mags and my mate .I don't really come from a farming background so thats where I struggle to get the ideas .

Nice tractors 1972.....post up some pics of the cabinets with the plastic animals in them as well :):):):):)

I've got a small problem there TBF .The photos were taken in 2003 and I have moved house since so the cabinets are all different now .

I will post up some pics of the plastic stuff I have on displat at the moment .

:P :P :P

Thanks? I am also partial to the animals? they brought out in the early 90's the pigs and sheep were really well modelled. Wondered why they dropped them? I don't think anyone can argue the fact that Britains are definately way ahead in the animal department...I wonder what UH would look like if they made them ???

I hope your mate took out a 2nd mortgage ?;D ;D

I've been sat here trying to remember how much I charged my mate for some of the models .

I charged him ?25 for a County 1884 .

At the time I had managed to get hold of some 8730's on floats at ?7.00 each and ?10.00 each so by the time I had bought the front axles,decals ,weights etc from Brian Norman I wasn't really paying myself a lot of money .

I did charge a different bloke ?30 for one and was chuffed to bits with that ..........and so was he !!!!!

Where do you pick up most of your base models from? ???toy fairs/boot sales ???

Funny you should ask that but heres a story  .

In Oct 2002 my mate (who bought all my conversions) bought a blue mushroom tray full of Ford 5000,6600,tw20 and 5610 castings .

He bought them for me and I paid him the ?45.00 .In the tray were I think enough pairs of body castings for 45 tractors .

He iffed and offed at the time but took a gamble that I would buy them when he returned home .It turned out that he had bought them off Brian Norman and then thr ironic thing was I buy all of my bits off Brian so he has made a lot of money out of has old castings .I have in the region of 20-25 set left so they are the main part really .I just struggle to get wheels .

:) Most excellent ,  thank you very much for sharing , it`s a pity you haven`t still got them eh?.....Until a couple of years ago  when i discovered Britains on Ebay I thought I was a bit of a nutter  to still have my old toy collection  , one thing led to another , got to know a few very nice guys  and  I`m still here .....glad the forum is here too. I guess until we found each other so to speak not many of us knew the real value and  interest of  our models to other folks.

John