Ol in Germany

Light Land

Couple of pictures I thought I'd post of the farm were I stay at when I go to West Germany.

The farm grows 260ha of cereals and root crops under irragtion as well the farther and son team keep 45 dairy cows that milk all year round and do contract harvesting.

I just fit in and do what ever needs doing,even with the problems of understanding the farther fully I enjoy working with him and we always seen to have laugh.

Carting 5.5T/ha OSR from the paddock to the store a few villages away.

DSC00339.jpg

Moving a few little trats from one barn to another

DSC00323.jpg

Ready for a morning in the onions.(while I milk and feed out)

DSC00315.jpg

There've been a few changes since I were there last.The CVX1170 was replaced with a Claas in the hope of cutting runing costs,both farther and son say they wish they had never seen it now.The plough/power harrow system has made way for a 2 pass non-inversion system,even on the spuds and onions. :o

DSC00321.jpg

Slurry spreading is left to a local contractor now days,this guy spread it for less than the farm could.

DSC00331.jpg

Called into a friend's farm near Bremen before heading home.Spent a few days rideing with him while he got upto date with his sprayng. :)

DSC00376.jpg

Great pictures OL. When where you in German, and where in Germany if i can ask.

Texas

Thanks Bas,the farm is near the town "Luchow" 1hour by car from Hamberg.This was my 3rd time in germany,I love the place. :)

I like the sound of that mate, a little trip around some friends' places earning your bed a food by working for them. Nice. That Renault is a clean tractor. Nice pictures all together  :)

Thanks Tris,I enjoy it.The mother,farther and there worker can't speak a word of english but they always make me welcome and we enjoy each others company.Often the son would tell me the plan for the day in english after milking then i'd just use my basic german and a few pictures on the dust of the dash.Having worked there before I recalled were most of the paddocks were so I did'nt get lost once this time.

I've worked with the lad with the renualt in NZ,so it's just like old times when we see each other again. :)

Much like the situation with me and my Danish friend then. Worked in USA together, went spud planting at his place and it was like the 6yr gap was never there :)

Hoping to go harvesting spuds with him in a year or two :)

Was glad to see the Renault Ol I have 3 of them in my collection and never seen a real one in my life....but a tidy looking tractor....?  Did you see any sign of Massey growth there or in NZ?  We are starting to see some here but I think it is based on cost factor since Deere an Case are so expensive here....

Nice pictures i love the way they keep there machinery in such good condition.

That family were very hard on gear,they did'nt care about the state of the kit at all,it's what you nett per ha that maters they always said.

Was glad to see the Renault Ol I have 3 of them in my collection and never seen a real one in my life....but a tidy looking tractor....?  Did you see any sign of Massey growth there or in NZ?  We are starting to see some here but I think it is based on cost factor since Deere an Case are so expensive here....

Non in that part of Germany Rick,Ford and MF were very thin on the ground.Most drove older case trators,MB-tracs or fendts.

There was a much loved case dealer in the village that overhauled old XL cabined tractors and resold them hence the 1455XL's that look new every were.

Nice pictures Ol  :)

To pity that you couldn't stop by this time.

I hope that you and Nick will come over next time mate  :);)

I'll be over in a year or two again Pete,by the nick should have his sh!t together.

Nice pictures there Ol, good to see you're still keeping busy mate, the Case with Lemken sprayer is a fair yoke........ :)

Keeping busy....smerk,I'm not often not busy Mart.5130 has done 9300 hours.