Massey Ferguson Centora 7280

catkom3

I caught this out the corner of my eye yesterday morning,and didn't recognise it,then again,in another feild I saw it again this morning,but it was in a feild which belongs to the estate my cousin worked for,so I was able to track it down,it's a demostrator which he had been operating,but it had to go to another farm as their's had broken down,here are some photo's,are there many of these around,first one I've seen,

MFCentora7280AL1.jpg

MFCentora7280AL2.jpg

MFCentora7280AL3.jpg

MFCentora7280AL4.jpg

The last picture is the crippled machine it is replaceing,

Regards

Joe.

Yes Walter,according to MF's web site http://www.masseyferguson.com/EMEA/GB/products/harvesting/combine/273.aspx it is,

my cousin was hopeing to get it back again after that other machine is fixed,I spoke to him briefly at 4 o;clock this afternoon,he had another 40 acres to cut today,as it's going to rain here again tommorow ( Wednesday ),

Regards

Joe.

Yes Walter,according to MF's web site http://www.masseyferguson.com/EMEA/GB/products/harvesting/combine/273.aspx it is,

my cousin was hopeing to get it back again after that other machine is fixed,I spoke to him briefly at 4 o;clock this afternoon,he had another 40 acres to cut today,as it's going to rain here again tommorow ( Wednesday ),

Regards

Joe.

Thanks for the link Joe makes for an interesting read, impressive machines. Remember Deutz Fahr also had an 8 straw walker machine in their line up a few years back called the Top Liner 8XL.

think you will find that they are basicly the latest version of the old cera combines, bodyworks the same as the beta mf combine, so going down the route of one body pannel fits all so to speak, have a feeling the cabs pretty much the same as a cera to looking at the pics

Apart from a new unloading auger, cab internals and the body panels there is very little between these and the predecssors. However, there arn't all that many around as yet from I gather so a nice find all the same. Now, go track down the rotary!!

this is basically a repaneled cerea combine as they are eventually bringing out a new model in the next few years it has the tier three engines and was restyled to carry on untill the replacement is ready

the rotary isnt powerfull enough for the uk crops as we get a higher yielding crop so they said at massey it needs another 150hp so they think i havent seen one working so this is only information im passing on did speak to a guy that drove it and he knocked a trailer over with the volume of grain coming out of the spout as it puts out something like 128 litres per second of grain i think i know it has the highest discharge rate