britains tractors 1998-2008

after many delays my copy of britains tractors 1998-2008 turned up today from amazon, fantastic book ,a few  models i never new existed,particularly the case ih maxxum 110 with the mailleux loader david pullen is unsure if this was a ltd edt or a prototype,a real great read ,i cant recomend this book enough

• 1 month later...

I bought this recently and its amazing...one thing I wondered though - why aren't the precision Case STX and JD 9420T featured in it? I thought it might be because they were not featured in a Britains catalogue, but then you could ask why the NFTS releases are in the book?  ???

You have to draw a line in the sand somewhere  :)  There was a limit to what could be included in the book and a system of defining what constituted a Britains tractor had to be devised.

The scope of the book is for the tractors that were marketed and packaged under the Britains brand, or, in the case of US issues, the dual Ertl - Britains branding.

The Britains logo has never appeared on any of the packaging for the precision models, and so do not count as a Britains model, thus they were not included.

The Toy Farmer/National Farm Toy Show did carry the dual branding of Ertl - Britains on the packaging, added to which, several of those models were also issued in the Britains range in their own right (with different decals, wheels or other features and in standard Britains packaging). 

That situation has now been complicated of course - since last year, Ertl no longer use the Britains logo on any US issue Ertl packaging, but those models are included for completeness. 

David has actually explained this on page 6 under 'Book Scope and Layout'  ;)

You will also find a small number of versions which are not listed seperately, but are mentioned under the 'parent' model (Gold Chrome versions for example).  There are also Loader versions not included where the tractor was also available without one (eg Renault Cergos and MF 6140HV where the tractor and model number were the same for both loader and non loader versions)

Ordered a copy whilst ordering my gun-metal on here. Looking forward to it.

I thought I had too but I can't seem to find my order on the old or new shop. Must have a search amongst unfiled paperwork since I'm sure I ordered a copy along with a Gun metal and Highway tractor

Might be a bit of a task but perhaps Andy could confirm orders and payments received from members by email or posting up a list. If any of us don't seem to be able to retrieve our order and payment details I can see, without conformation, there is going to be a lot of confusion. Anyone who has ordered and made their payments should be able to, if they have not deleted them, find the information in their email inbox and you can also get into your FTF orders account by going into the emails and the links that should be contained within those emails.

Tim, can confirm your order 090720-174830-1789 is on the system. Its paid for and just waiting on the other items to come into stock.

Bill, your order 090720-085904-1567 is also there, but I will upload the book to the new shop so you can re-order and pay for it.

Im not sure why it took so long for the book to get here but its worth waiting for I can assure you. :)