Ford/New Holland shades of blue

FNHIR

Question

9 answers to this question

they were the only two they told me about to when i bought a tin recently, but he did say they could do individual mixer tins to match certain tractors ages??? just had to give them the age and model of the tractor  so maybe theres some differences within the ford blue

Millenium Blue came in in 2000, the A series Genesis (8670A-8970A) range being the first to sport it.

Previous to that from the world series 2000-5000 (1964) it was FORD TRACTOR Blue but as with all manufacturers, batches can vary and have done from the year paint was first invented.  :)

Millenium Blue came in in 2000, the A series Genesis (8670A-8970A) range being the first to sport it.

Previous to that from the world series 2000-5000 (1964) it was FORD TRACTOR Blue but as with all manufacturers, batches can vary and have done from the year paint was first invented.  :)

ah but isn't there two 'ford tractor blues' by right Nigel ?

being the big ford -new holland fan i am ...............................ahem  :-\

i have read (& this was in fords own litter tray literature at the time)  the shade of ford tractor blue was darkened when the SQ cab tractors were released so a colour match had to be made by year of release to get the right shade ,as pre SQ cabbed tractors are a much lighter colour ford tractor blue.

mind you i have also witnessed a right royal barney at a NH dealer between a customer wanting a refund over the wheel paint he'd bought ,

farmer ; my tractor has white wheels

dealer ; yes..........

farmer ; well i want the right tin

dealer ; yes..........

farmer ; well get me one then

dealer ; you already have a tin sir

farmer ; no my wheels are white , it says grey on the tin

dealer ; yes.........

farmer ;  ???

got to say there were a lot of  ??? from the farmer & even more  ::) from the dealer

:D :D

Thanks Nigel, so is Millennium Blue what is still used today?

yessiree!....but I bet it varies from batch to batch as I said above.

I  heard an ex-Ferguson assembly line worker once say to a bloke who swore that his restored "Fergie" was the right shade of grey, that there's no such thing.

There were about 20 lined up at Newark the other autumn and all different shades, and a certain model maker I know said he had a load of his models lined up from different eras of his production and they were all different shades but the same source of paint over the years.