well Annoyed!!

Goodhead

Some of you may of read a posting about a Case AFX combine i had problems with recently. The header was sticking and the wheels wobbley.

That annoyed me.?

I contacted britains, they take it back to toy shop for a replacement.? So went down the local model shop this morning and swapped the combine for a few bits to the same value. one of which was the samson slurry injector.

The bloke in the shop wasn't realy wanting to swap it or accept it back.? Anyway in the end he let me swap.? Got home took tanker out of the box for inspection and a bit fell off.? I cant see where the hell it goes.? Also the tyres are split.? ?I now gonna speak to RC2 again.?

I get quite alot of emails from my website with people thinking my site is the official britains site.? I have had some rude emails about the quality. People aren;t happy.?

Even those that are buying to play in the sand box.

Dear Sir Iam a farmer i have been collecting models for 30 years.Ive started buying them for my son.I bought a renault with a loader on it .A new holland . I am discusted with the quality of manufacture of the items . The value for money is poor . SIKU make alot better model for the same price and it is not all plastic and alot more detail ( ie) the loader is plastic on britains poorly fixed on and easly pulled off. with not much thought put in to it .I am not happy with the goods thank you

I'm now thinking not to buy the new stuff.?

Guest quangova

I have similar with new boxed britains items I've sold, with the buyer bending my ear about the quality & poor workmanship demanding their money back.. i refer them to RC2...! At least things appear to be getting better with recent releases so we can only hope. ?Its a pity really as there is now a whole lump of Britains releases that i simply will not buy to add to my collection.. and hence my partial defection in farm model collecting to the shining example of quality... UNIVERSAL HOBBIES...!

Quote from there website

With a well earned reputation for quality and authenticity of their die cast toys and models, the Britains 1:32nd scale range really is the next best thing if you don?t have the space or budget for the real thing!

;D

Quote from there website

With a well earned reputation for quality and authenticity of their die cast toys and models, the Britains 1:32nd scale range really is the next best thing if you don?t have the space or budget for the real thing!

;D

one point andy sholud point out before he asks them about all the quallity issues i think

i know this is being picky but couldn't they be had under the trade descriptions act? for that comment :D :D

one point to add andy,the quallity of the new stuff is so bad i don't think you will be able to collect the "current" range in 5 years time as most will have fallen apart,unlike the older 70's and 80's range which is still arround and far more robust,even more detailed,

i know this is being picky but couldn't they be had under the trade descriptions act? for that comment :D :D

one point to add andy,the quallity of the new stuff is so bad i don't think you will be able to collect the "current" range in 5 years time as most will have fallen apart,unlike the older 70's and 80's range which is still arround and far more robust,even more detailed,

that could be good thing.  If most of the new stuff will of brocken by then, those of us that have new stuff will be ok,  the lack of new stuff will push price up , if we look after it.

I think we need to give them some credit for the few "brand new" releases recently, the foragers, simba, jd8430 and mower are all pretty good. The compact tractors are poor however ?:-\

Most of the poor items around at the moment are going to be phased out gradually, the samson tanker for instance would have been dropped but has to pay for itself before they can do that.

I think a lot of the poor stuff comes from the transistion period when things weren't certain; but I'm not going to write them off because some of the items are really good for the money.

Goodhead, do you forward the emails to RC2?

yeah, i do.

LM Models, PLEASE try to respond to posts with more than 1 word 3 letter replies. Just saying "yer" is rather pointless.

thanks

yes LM models. there are a lot of your replies on here that are purely one word answers etc. and it is becoming annoying as IHP posted.  Please try and be more 'thoughtful' when posting.

Andy, are you going to take a few other brand models along and show them the quality difference ??? ???. I would say Siku is more their current competitor as it produces more 'toy' models with UH more detail collectors. If they want to succeed they need to match Siku at least ??? ??? :-\

The one thing that stands out for myself is when I was younger,I would never have thought of buying anything but Britains,and I mean never.

These days they get a look in from me after I check out the Universal Hobbies,Siku.

I even notice the same with guys I know, there kids are playing with Siku out in the garden,sand pits etc. and looking non the worse for it.You ain't gonna do that with Britains.So there goes the play factor.

You want to collect detailed models that look great on the shelf etc.Try and beat UH.Britains ain't in the same league.

And these brands are getting bigger and stronger and costing the same or less roughly,RC2(Britains) can't afford to drag there heals for to much longer or thing's I think will really hit the fan!

Hope they start to listen soon I have to many fond memories to want to see them go down into the gutter.

Guest MF 550

I buy my models from a local post office come toy shop

They sell BRITAINS,SIKU,UH,NORSCOTT and other die-cast brands

They were saying that they have a SIKU rep. who calls in quite often, resolves any problems,makes sure all orders are delivered on time and is very helpfull

Whereas a britains rep does not even exist,they are allways waitng for orders,alot of toys are returned damaged (usually marston trailers because the kids cant get them to tip and the chassis snaps,samson tankers dropping bits off whaen you open the box then the items sit for ages in the shop waiting to be returned.

most toy shop i know would like a britains rep,and would love to get the range in,but can't as they never seem to reply to enquirys,i stopped at a local farmers shop/dealers over xmas just to have a look,and they can't get them very easliy and they said the kids are gagging for them,and thats would ahve to be there prime market,farmers kids,what is going on

last year had to take back two britains tractors, wife got last xmas, one wheels fell off the second one no tank and steps. the man in the toy shop said you are not the last had lots back with bits falling off. asked him about the latest models from britains, i knew more than he did. :o :o :o :o :o