NH T9040 hard at work update 25/09/09 silage/sugerbeets/more

ertlerik

Found this T9040 with 30ft grader working hard, got to talk to the owner for a bit, so here is what i got.

The T9040 is pretty much a stock unit, it has the Cummins Cursor engine with the powershift 16/2 transmission, 470 HP.

Tire's are Trelleborg 900/60R42

The grader is build by the owner Wicher Hendriks, because there is only one company that builds a 30 ft grader and he did not like the way it was designed, Hendriks has worked 600 hours with this outfit so far and is very satisfied with it.

The price of the T9040 is about the same as a Fendt 936 but Hendriks says that could never pull this grader.

003-25.jpg

005-26.jpg

010-22.jpg

014-19.jpg

023-10.jpg

030-7.jpg

curious now, why are they leveling the field of like that ?? looks very flat anyway,

Yes the field is fairly flat, thing is when a field is perfect almost like a pool table, you get an even better seedbed, witch will give an even crop, so higher yield, you will harvest cleaner, all and all together higher net profit.

curious now, why are they leveling the field of like that ?? looks very flat anyway,

Was thinking the same ???

Great pictures,brings back a few memories for me.

Many years ago I worked weekends for a neighbouring farmer on the south downs using a TW-25 pulling an 8 metre Wilder pressure harrow, sometimes you would be pulling  huge amounts of dirt about, making the tractor work and puff copious amounts of black smoke. It looked and sounded great. ;)

ah didnt think it would make that much difference, wonder why you do not see it used over here for the same reasons?

Farmers in the uk adapt to the land although there have been some large fenland farmers square up fields by levelling drains and digging new ones to create large square fields.

Great pics i think those arctic nh tractors are very pleasing on the eye

Buddy of mine is running a Ploeger AR-4B, he was harvesting not to far from my place so i went along with him a few rounds.

What a sweet machine, very comfy Claas cab, it is almost to dry to harvest at this time, witch makes it very dusty, other than that it was going great.

001-16.jpg

003-26.jpg

006-27.jpg

008-25.jpg

010-23.jpg

011-23.jpg