MF 590 ON EBAY

1972farming

you never know on the 590 as its not too easy to tell if they are fakes or not. I think 90% sold are genuine but when you think how easy it would be to slip a 590 decal on a 595 and then put it in the 595 box, a ?40 model ends up as ?200+

Hi Guy's,god I think ebay is on a down hill spiral these days! :-\ Doesn't seem to be the same money about! ;);D.Was well chuffed with the final price for a genuine MF595 oops MF590  ;);D.I do have another 590 and was tempted to make a second chance offer but couldn't bring myself to do it. :-\ ,Although I did let another Ford 6600 go to the second highest bidder,between the 2 sales paid for three  of the Boxed Ford 6600's I have left.Would also recommend you guy's buy yourself a Dave Towse County 1884-40 Series the one I had is still selling and has doubled it's value already ;);D.Anyway away for a browse of the pages now,now where did I leave that bottle of Moet ???;);D

On the decals thing, the best way to find out if a 590 is a fake just rub the decal, if the decal details wear down with just one light rub then it's def a fake.

The only problem with that is that you might well have parted with an arm and a leg to buy it before you have the chance to check.

you never know on the 590 as its not too easy to tell if they are fakes or not. I think 90% sold are genuine but when you think how easy it would be to slip a 590 decal on a 595 and then put it in the 595 box, a ?40 model ends up as ?200+

So Andy is the correct box for the 590 any different than the one for the 595?

mines the same as TM ,when you're a kid it's a toy to play with, never back then did i think they woud be worth as much as they are now it was just another britains MF tractor ,i was just chuffed to have a 595 & a 590, the decals are very very worn but with a closer look you can still see the numbers 590 :) :) but with a 4WD front axle & a cassette case built cab it probably is'nt worth anything now anyway ::) ::)

It's funny the way some people describe items on ebay. Well the lights and steering wheel are in good order! I remember being told that about my first car. It lasted two months before the engine head warped.

I got my fingers burnt with this. It was described as being in excellent condition and just missing the cab. The photo was a bit grainy and from a side angle. The seller had a good feedback history so I thought "what the hell". This is what I ended up with. The steering's knackered. The arms gone from the hitch. It's chipped to bu%?ery. The exhaust looks like it was bitten off and then there's the front..........

post-189-132638500376_thumb.jpg

I got my fingers burnt with this. It was described as being in excellent condition and just missing the cab. The photo was a bit grainy and from a side angle. The seller had a good feedback history so I thought "what the hell". This is what I ended up with. The steering's knackered. The arms gone from the hitch. It's chipped to bu%?ery. The exhaust looks like it was bitten off and then there's the front..........

How can somebody be so cruel ?

In my experience its best to be honest when describing the condition of tractors ,however bad .

I don't mind buying wrecks as long as I know they are .

How much did this tw** take off you, if you dont mind me asking?

Not much thankfully. I think I paid about ?12 including postage.

Swore a bit as soon as it arrived and then gave it to my four-year-old for carpet farming. Even he shuns it in favour of an ERTL Case CX80.