huntworth ploughing match 19-09-2009

MJB1

decided to have a bit of a walk round with the boys & the dog , & just like last year very sunny day for it , soil was good as were participants  :)

wont be naming all the tractors that were there but the McCormick-International B series was out in force as were the usual TE-20's & 35's, 35X's & the odd few 100 series tractors.

What was conspicuous by their absence was the attendance of the usual ford contingency , a dexta, couple of fordson power majors & ford 3600, of course there were a few more of the more modern of the marque, but i didn't see any forson standard's or E27N's , no field marshals & only the one red DB !

but i'm sure you'll find what you like in the pictures

the pics are not of tractor makes bunched up in groups , mf , international then fords these are posted as i saw them enjoy.............

Rhodeploughingmatch1992009Small.jpg

Rhodeploughingmatch19920099Small.jpg

Rhodeploughingmatch19920098Small.jpg

Rhodeploughingmatch19920097Small.jpg

Rhodeploughingmatch19920096Small.jpg

Great pictures, especially like the Ford's, well done.

there's always something for everyone & even i have to admit some of those fords were in pretty good condition. 

this 3060 was here for some serious ploughing , even the drivers sandwich box had a hydraulic lid

Rhodeploughingmatch199200935Small.jpg

Rhodeploughingmatch199200936Small.jpg

Rhodeploughingmatch199200937Small.jpg

Rhodeploughingmatch199200938Small.jpg

the lonesome DB950

Rhodeploughingmatch199200933Small.jpg

Rhodeploughingmatch199200931Small.jpg

was a great day & there were of course the modern day equipment for the reversable classes but  batteries getting low  but did make me think a how many years before there are no old time true ploughmen to keep going with this art , i can plough but i'm no ploughman , so maybe i shold think about getting a plough for the 168 maybe ? :)

Excellent set of photos there Marcus and it looks as though the conditions were very good and you had a good day one. Do you know what sort of tractor the really old iron one ws with the mid mounted mower next to ths small John Deere model B ??? ???

Definitely, but make sure you've got someone to replace you on the camera!

A Ransomes plough would keep the outfit British. Failing that a Bamfords Kverneland or MF.

thanks for the vote  :D

as for the plough , i know it's worth a groan at the predictability but was thinking of keeping it massey , maybe a 3f ferguson of maybe a later red 41

Excellent set of photos there Marcus and it looks as though the conditions were very good and you had a good day one. Do you know what sort of tractor the really old iron one ws with the mid mounted mower next to ths small John Deere model B ??? ???

thanks ,the conditions were good although i thought some could have gone deeper a few inches to get a bit of moisture for the tops as the top edge of the furrows tended to crumble easily, i think a bit deper would have helped hold the crowns  sorry bill didn't find out what the old iron was  :(

Great pics Marcus... not many 821's about either  :o - lucky find that mate...

As for the plough... if it's just a bit of fun then choose an MF... if you want to be at all serious... then it's got to be a Ransomes.. TS59 (with the big land wheel)

Nice little MF260 reversible would suit your 168 mate

nice pics marcus, love the horse ones to, my mum can remember the horses and kit on our farms although they were near as finished with them by then, they still had 2 shires and the ploughs ect,know all the harness's and tackle was hung in one of the barns right up till they sold up,along with all the implements in the bushes