Siku JD Combine 2009

Mike R

I have just received my New JD combine T670I from Siku Model no 4254

Siku have updated the box and packaging the combine has no wire ties it sits nicely inthe polystreyrene

compartments and the cardboard box has a nice flap instead of clear plastic with loads of pictures detailing the combine.

Well done Siku good start.

The combine itself seems very plastic made but laso it as a good amount of detail with opening flaps on both sides header fits nice on to the header trailer and the combine too.

Price I think should be around £40 to £50 mark I dont think I would buy their next combine at £60 mark

It still lacks the UH detail and build

My rating is 8/10

I have also received this model today, and am very impressed with it - lots of working details and not quite as toy like as the Lexion (which I also think is very good).  The JD scores over the Claas by having much more accurate wheels and feederhouse, and better dividers on the header; the only real let down is the steering thing, but this was easy to remove on the Lexion, so hopefully it can be done on this as well; on my model one of the mirror arms is twisted but thats not a huge problem for me.  I was considering using the header from the Britains JD9880i but will keep the Siku one; it does have the same drive system as their other combines but looks ok to me.  The wireless box also makes a huge difference!

It doesn't have the detail of a UH model, but what I like is that it can displayed working or not with the opening tank doors and its a very good representation of the real thing, though as Mike says it is a lot of money.

The driver however, does look like he's wearing lipstick!

Will take a few photos if anyone wants?

And here it is in transport mode, plus a shot of the box

Cheers Joe

I have a question does photobucket resize photos to allow us to post photos easier ?

how do I join Photo bucket?

I took just over 200 photos today but it would take ages to resize each one is there any quicker way ?

mike

Cheers Joe

I have a question does photobucket resize photos to allow us to post photos easier ?

how do I join Photo bucket?

I took just over 200 photos today but it would take ages to resize each one is there any quicker way ?

mike

It does resize them Mike, when you post the link the photos are all a certain size 640x something I think.  When bulk uploader works its great, the old uploader is really slow.

thanks for the post and pics!!!

i take it the opening panels are the different shade of green in the pics??

Mike, 'It still lacks the UH detail and build'....well at least you can play with this one ;D ;D ;D, its not supposed to be a detailed model like UH, BUT i know for the price you would expect some thing similar, dont you think :-\ :-\ :-\

yeah i know what you mean, the UH MF i got the other year was only £25 from a well know internet seller! :D :D

i guess you have to way up whether you want it to be played with or sit on a shelf, although i cant see myself getting one just yet, and as for buying it for children....eeer not at that price!

does look good, as mentioned its a lot of money for whats effectivley a kids toy,wonder who siku are aiming it at to be honest older collectors or kids??

not one i will rush to buy right now, but if its appeared on sale at some time in the future i may

also wonder how long it is till we see a rc version from them to

does look good, as mentioned its a lot of money for whats effectivley a kids toy,wonder who siku are aiming it at to be honest older collectors or kids??

not one i will rush to buy right now, but if its appeared on sale at some time in the future i may

also wonder how long it is till we see a rc version from them to

kids toy for sure  ;)