Claas Jaguar Greeneye Wholecrop rig

Just finished this today,Thank you Henri Walker,spotted one in the middle of a field a few weeks ago,( never knew we had wholecrop here ?? ),don't know if it's " right " it was to far away to get a good photo,what do you think,

GreeneyeWholecrop1.jpg

GreeneyeWholecrop2.jpg

GreeneyeWholecrop3.jpg

Regards

Joe.

Thanks for the comments guy's I had never seen one either,untill about eight weeks ago I saw this one,

05-08-09_1102.jpg

in the middle of a field,in this area there are no SPFH's that one is hired in from " down south ",I didn't even think anybody did wholecrop,this must be about the only field of it around here :-\

Regards

Joe.

its a cereal cut when its at the 'cheesy' stage. I'm pretty sure thats right and you obviously chop the whole crop as goes with the name.

thats a great model there mate. looks brilliant

seen boys here chopping wholecrop any time of the year  ;)

Will is right. It is best when at the cheesy stage. We have customers who grow it but we don't cut it, another guy has a direct cut header I think.

Anyway, I love the header Joe. A superb job you have done on it. Take us tqiough it? ;D

Well Tris,it all started,( are you sitting comfortably ),when I bought this

Combine1.jpg

60 odd mile drive,ain't going back empty handed,got it out the box,one of the drive wheels was slack/wobbly,so never was too keen on it,then I spotted the wholecrop rig and it's fate was sealed,incidently,those U H combines have quite a few laser ecthed panels on them on the main body,you can only see them when you take them to bits  ??? ??? ,

Regards

Joe.

Hi Jamie,it's all held together with a heap of phillips screws,except the header,it's kinda rivetted,there's like two diecast " pins " on the header support,the bit between the combine and the header, and the plastic header is pushed / rivetted on to them,

I gently eased it off useing a big flat head screw driver,check out the photo's to see what I mean,

Headerfitting1.jpg

Headerfitting2.jpg

Regards

Joe.