JCB 1135 Collector Edition?

AndyB

One of my Spalding purchases was a 2002 'flyer' from Britains titled 'Britains is Back'.  Not having seen one of these before i thought it was worth a quid.  Inside there are the details of all the 2002 new releases including a picture for the 1CX and 3185 Collectors editions.  However the box shown below each is silver and says 1135 on it?  My gut tells me this was just a mock-up for the catalogue but, does anyone know if a 1135 Collectors edition actually made it to retail??

Cheers all.

I don't think there was an 1135 special edition,  I have never seen or heard of one.

The box sounds like the one that was shown for the special edition 3185 in the 2002 catalogue (edit: just been and checked and the silver box shown in the catalogue does have '1135' on it - I hadn't noticed it before ::) ), but that box was never released. In the end, the actual collectors editions were not released until 2003. 

They did make a protype of the 3185 in silver chrome as well as one in gold chrome and G&M had both those prototypes on display at their autumn open weekend in late September 2002.  In the end Britains didn't produce the silver chrome version of the Fastrac, but used the silver chrome on the 1CX.