MASSEY 2620 WITH A TWIST

That is a good job on the conversion There are a lot of high horse power (some over 150hp) front end loader tractors over here in Canada. There is only one thing i would change and that is the curved pieces on the front of the loader mounts. They are grill gaurds for the front of the tractor.On the large massey I think they look odd half way down the side panels. I guess on the Renault they poked out of the front.But if you are happy with it I wont hold it against you. :)

looks good, only thing i would say is its sat too low on the rear, taller back rears needed maybe? i remember when i was about 10 years old a 2640 2wd and loader coming to fell some trees at school and a 2640 4wd pulling a trailer with the trees in.

also a mates dad bought a 2640 2wd and wanted a loader fitting to it but the dealer refused saying it was too big at 6cly for a loader (about 1994) how times have changed

Sparrow Legs,

Don't take this the wrong way but the small wheels on the back were the whole point. A portion of 2620's were supplied with small skinny wheels, as per the Classic Tractor article mentioned above, and the comments from Markey. I agree the tractor would look better with larger wheels, but that wasn't the point. Also, the angle of the camera makes it look a lot more "nose high" than it actually is.

I would guess in reality if you were going to use a 2620 as a loader tractor these smaller wheels would give you some more maneuverability, which again was what i was trying to reflect with this model.

well i like the smaller wheels & the length of the loader grill guard an all & i'd fit a new loader to a 30 yer old tractor ,

ticks all the boxes for me  i know the effect you were going for , i like the finished model , but please dont do it again the replies you are getting is doing my head in  ;);D

Thank you MJB1, I thinks it must be bash Adie day today !

Hi Adie sorry if my reply with the grill gaurds offended you it was not ment to it was just a constructive comment. It is not bash Adie day it is a fine model and I saw the magazine so no the tractor and you have achieved what you wanted in this conversion. I personally would love to see more of your work and admire your courage for putting your work on here with all the high flyers conversions that are around :)  . Regards Robert

Sparrow Legs,

Don't take this the wrong way but the small wheels on the back were the whole point. A portion of 2620's were supplied with small skinny wheels, as per the Classic Tractor article mentioned above, and the comments from Markey. I agree the tractor would look better with larger wheels, but that wasn't the point. Also, the angle of the camera makes it look a lot more "nose high" than it actually is.

I would guess in reality if you were going to use a 2620 as a loader tractor these smaller wheels would give you some more maneuverability, which again was what i was trying to reflect with this model.

i wasnt trying to nock your work, you put a pic up and asked for comments so i replied with my view, i guess the camera angle makes it look nose up ;)  good work

Robert,

This is the problem with the printed word, context can be lost. My comments about "bash Adie" were firmly tongue in cheek. I should have attached a smiley to make this clear.

If anyone wants to make constructive criticism about anything I post, I am more than happy to take it, my skin is pretty thick. But I will reserve the right to reply.

I have no problem with your original comments, and I thank you for taking the trouble to reply.

nowt wrong with that adie, nice work, i keep looking at those loaders and considering getting some more ,they do look good, done at least 1 now as a mf 915, and having gone through some bits i know of several tanco's and trimas that were arround the same time as the 26 series masseys that it can be repainted into, prob is after my 915 one, i found it takes some doing, so leave her as she is, as marcus said people do fit new loader on to older tractors

Robert,

This is the problem with the printed word, context can be lost. My comments about "bash Adie" were firmly tongue in cheek. I should have attached a smiley to make this clear.

If anyone wants to make constructive criticism about anything I post, I am more than happy to take it, my skin is pretty thick. But I will reserve the right to reply.

I have no problem with your original comments, and I thank you for taking the trouble to reply.

Ok No problem Adie.

When I get some of the ford based projects I am  working on finished and figure out the picture posting lark on here I will put some of my work up. Then we  can share constructive comments about each others work if you want :)

Regards Robert