Poor quality MF 130 seed drill ! - Read on...

Lord Ferguson

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it may be poor quality now but it was brilliant, when it first came out if i remember rightly that the coulter setup was metal & not plastic ?  can't remember if i still got the original one or not ,i think that the two i've got are plastic coulter models but i must of had them since 79-80 easily.

Like many others i have used one of these drills for real pulled by a 575 & 590 ,YES i was MF leaflet driver in my head  :D :D :D :D Oh & the ammount of ground you could cover in a day compared to a combination drill ::) ::)

Andy ,if the drill is 30yrs+ is this the longest running product model britains have ? 

I think so yes, they have kept it running so long as its still used on farms today. I think its well due for an update or a complete retooling, but the new big drill must be stealing their attention at the moment.

Could someone explain how to 'age' them please, I think mine is fairly old but what changed over the years? :)

in the case of the drill very little has changed but i'was sure the originals had metal cast coulters , the seed delivery tubes were metal as well but i  think that is also missing on the newer ones as well :-\

in the case of the drill very little has changed but i'was sure the originals had metal cast coulters , the seed delivery tubes were metal as well but i  think that is also missing on the newer ones as well :-\

Thanks for that mjb, mine is not that old then, plastic coulters but metal spring assemblies.....and crooked decals  :)