pettit 8 ton tipper

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you feeling ok mate :D :D  was going to put it on a ford 5000 as per the brouchure pics i am using, but cant find mine, in the loft right now, but may consider my imber one coming out of the box if all else fails looking for the 5000

really nice build sean  :)  can we se it hitched to a ford please

ooh...............um.....err.. thats not right  :of

must have been something i ate  ::)

not quite mark, still got the center latches to do ,just noticed that, also need to wait for the proper floor, so i can sand down the frame at the rear level to it once i have the right thickness

them latches have taken some doing so far, all .08mm thick brass wire drilled with .07m holes and thickened up with some 2mm plasti tube, only way i could do it, still need to sort the dropping on the tailgate as it sits wonky, just need to reposition the holders on the arm thats all

cheers for the comments guys, has been a labour of love, but well worth it so far, no point having a uh 590, or mine without decent implements to go behind, will paint the lower half first, then sort the grain sides, which to be honest bar sanding and a few shims fitting are done anyway, then its the silage tops for it, which are the same size extensions as the lower woodern bits, then same again in a gauge with a square back section on top, the door opens via a wire each side, which i need to put the bar on the chassis for ready thinking about it, these may take longer to sort as the tops all fine angle again like the wooden sides although this time i can glue the wire right in to keep it stronger

well all done on the lower half now, have decided to leave the latches of the removable center bar, will add a bar across that to hold them out, as per the grain sides, on top, will make it dual purpose so it holds the top and bottom, grain shoots done, and also fitted the working screw jack up front

currently looking for a good airbrush to paint the bottom half with now, but its way to cold to paint outside anyway so effectivly this is finished till it gets warmer sadly

002-25.jpg

003-26.jpg

005-23.jpg

006-20.jpg

got a few in mind steve, both complete kits with compressors etc, ones tanked ones not, 2 guns with each  all the works, if i get it now i will be itching to try it, which the weathers not allowing, so i am biding my time really

only thing i do need to add is a metal angle or flat along the bodys main center beams, i have found that the plasti weld seems to warp the thinner stuff a little which is why the top wont sit right, if i put it on a straight edge then try its fine, thats part of the reason i had to change the bar beam to a one peice , if i use bigger plastic it doesnt look right so i need to find something

Thats some piece of work mate  8)  wouldnt no where to start myself really  :-[ 

You may have some wait for the weather outside to improve  :-

neither did i mate, so sort of half built the floor of the bodyto size ,along with chassis and went from there