Agritron & Combidrill

I think I have Scania blood to be honest as our CF wasn't a good example to judge Daf by and I've driven more Scanias than owt else. It's the size of Daf's generous cab on the S/S/Cab that gets me though aswell as it being around for over 15yrs (??) in basic form. Aswell as that our local hauler Mike Garbutt Transport sold a Topline and two FH12 XL's for three S/S/Cabs. . . ..says enough to me. They are on tautliners though which makes a difference I guess.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats what I mean't, came out wrong. I think if I was given a S/S/Cab for a few days on the work I used to do I wouldn't have wanted to hand it back!!

We get our new CF's this month or early next month, you won't miss them. They have flashing lights on the roof the size of traffic bollards!!

Now now you two calm down!

The DAF is in the supplied colour. Demonstrater Orange.

And yes the trailor is home made. I personally think that the chassis sits to high on the 5th wheel thus raising the body floor to much on the Newray trailor.  So I made my own.

Yeah same here 4C, the bulker isn't going too well so far but to use the existing chassis I cut the triaxle unit off the back, cut down the frame the axle's sit in then glued it back on again. Aswell as stepframing the chassis it has done the trick. It's the body which is proving a challenge.

No sugar in the tea Marcus!! ;)

sorry F-P but metre cubed doesn't mean a thing to me  ??? all i know is they weigh 500cwt / 500kgs / half a ton . but i used to haul fertiliser off the docks & from ICI  & we lined them 3 abreast on the bed & never have i seen or hauled 2 abreast to fill a trailer  & 4C's truck should have an orange square plate on the front & rear to show it's hauling hazardous materials & a red trem card hung on the front passenger seat  ;):) :)

attention to detail 4C  ;)

Metre cubed means what it says, 1M X 1M X 1M, the ones we use are anyway, only two wide on a trailer or rigid with those.

He'll need 3 x fire extinguishers too then if we are going for real detail.? ;)