2640 2wd prototype

started the 2640 2wd yesterday eve,but had a few problems with the origonal front wheel of the jd 4020,so came up with these i had lying round,only problem is they  lifted the front to high in the air so the only way to solve it was a set of 6290 wheels i had spare,

do you think it looks ok as i am a bit concerned it may be to wide and the front and rear wheels to big for the tractor

before anyone says i know it has a 3680 bonnet on,but i broke the 2680 one last night and needed a bit of red to show the wheel sites on front

post-46-132638502512_thumb.jpg

post-46-132638502582_thumb.jpg

not a big one doc,but if you leave the origonal fronts on they really do look stupid,if i get a chance tommorrow i will put them back on and post a pic or two with the origonal rears on to,and you can see what i mean

why do you think it's a bit to big wheel wise?

mesh was fine mate,never thought of theat when i saw it at the local motor shop the other day,

not a big one doc,but if you leave the origonal fronts on they really do look stupid,if i get a chance tommorrow i will put them back on and post a pic or two with the origonal rears on to,and you can see what i mean

why do you think it's a bit to big wheel wise?

mesh was fine mate,never thought of theat when i saw it at the local motor shop the other day,

Those front wheels look ok to me size wise, so do the back ones but it looks like the rear wheels are fouling the mudguards in the picture, I thought for the sake of Half an hour it might be worth the end result.  :-\

What do you think??  :)

strangly enough they are no where near to be honest,that was my worry before i cyt the centres out of the rears to make the hole big enough,but there is 3mm clearance inbetween them,i have another chassis so may cut it up just to see,

Leave it as it is then, must be the camera angle.  ;)

cheers ,hopeing to finish that this weekend,got the basic moulds done just a couple of other bits to make and mould,will post the pics when done

Look forward to the TM...... :) :) :). I wish I had the guts to chop my models up but don't really have the time or the money to buy 1 model and another to convert...... :'( :'( :'(

going to have another look tommorrow mj,and put the 2675 next to it for ref,problem is the mf200 tipper wheels or the origonal jd4020 wheels look way to small,and i mean really to small,would look ok on another up coming project,but not on a tractor this size