Britains should .........

moogie

at the end of the day i collect britains and im happy with my models, ok they arent as detailed as universal hobbies but they were meant for young children and so im not moaning becouse you can always add items in as i have done such as newpapers in the cab and laptops anf ither items such as tow chains so they dont look as bland and yes they do break but so do all models as they have delicate parts but they are my views and if you dont like them i could not care less

as mentioned before uh and siku have had plenty of problems with their hitches so no manufacturer is perfect and this whole scale thing about the 5000 for playability if it was to scale it would be too weak for a kid siku are way out of scale and there castings are huge and take from the model i prefer britains for the fact that the chassis is reasonably tidy underneath it and britains have alway had hitch issues have they not i remember having numerous britains tms fords cases in my carpet farming days and i would have a packet of elastic bands  beside me and have them wrapped around the cab and under one of the arms because it wouldnt support the trailer if all toys were perfect kids would never have to think about solutions for themselves

The tendency for toys to get broken isn't necessarily a bad think from the perspective of adult collectors. 99% of Britains (& their competitors) old lead figures got broken - heads off the people, rifles off the soldiers, legs, tails & horns/antlers off the farm & zoo animals. Its the 99% that got smashed that make the surviving 1% worth so much! The same applies to vehicles, whether it be Britains few pre 1970 ones or the widely collected Corgi, Dinky, etc ranges. I doubt whether many of today's models (tractors, cars, soldiers, whatever) will reach the same dizzy values (apart from the odd rarity) because so many of them have been kept in pristine condition, still in their original boxes/packaging.

We know the Britains family always had adult collectors in mind as well as kids, but I imagine the owners of their more downmarket competitor companies, such as JoHillCo & Charbens, would be amazed if they could see how their 'penny toys' are collected, and their values, today. 

some very good points by Toolbox Tam and David, sometimes criticism/moaning can bring out some really good comments.

With todays technology and low production costs i cant see there being any excuse for detail?

I have mentioned in other topics that it will be the toys that make money in the future, the ones that get played with and give hours of pleasure!! However at the same time you need an element of quality and function

To draw in a future collector.

People misunderstand me or maybe im not approaching it in a way they understand, when i was 5 i had a Britains Ford 5000 followed by a Ford 6600 later, they represented the real tractors driven by my father very well and functioned as toys very well. The re-released versions should have in my opinion improved.

on the new Massey when will this be available?? Why do manufacturers (not just Britains) take so long to make a release available?

some very good points by Toolbox Tam and David, sometimes criticism/moaning can bring out some really good comments.

With todays technology and low production costs i cant see there being any excuse for detail?

I have mentioned in other topics that it will be the toys that make money in the future, the ones that get played with and give hours of pleasure!! However at the same time you need an element of quality and function

People misunderstand me or maybe im not approaching it in a way they understand, when i was 5 i had a Britains Ford 5000 followed by a Ford 6600 later, they represented the real tractors driven by my father very well and functioned as toys very well. The re-released versions should have in my opinion improved.

on the new Massey when will this be available?? Why do manufacturers (not just Britains) take so long to make a release available?

i think the massey will be available in may

I don't think it's so much a case of taking a long time for them to become available, more that in this hi-tech age of instant information we hear about them sooner in the pre-production phase...?