SP Models - Snetterton Park

Andy

Managed to get down to Snetterton Park yesterday for a quick walk around. For anyone who has been in the past, you will know the model shop on site was pretty big, stocking almost every model you could imagine!

Well, as part of a 5m redevelopment on the whole site, they have also expanded the model shop further making it enormous! The farm and construction section has to be seen to be believed! They plan to construct lots of railway layouts and aircraft displays which is also encouraging. I will make some enquiries to see if we can get an FTF display in there!  ;):)

I thoroughly recommend a visit to this place if you get a chance. You will not be disappointed!

I will deffo second that one Andy.  I am a regular there an know the guys quite well.  It is almost getting to be a day out visit now!  There are some older models there - specially UH.  They plan to make the new displays Museum quality so it will almost become a tourist attraction!  I think I am right in saying it is now second only in size to an aircraft hangar sized model/toy shop in the states!  That is how big it is for the un-initiated!  There is plenty there for the younger children too.....if only I was young again..... :'(

It's my local and It's a good shop for sure,they have no idea what they are selling, they just order the whole cataloge most of the time, they get the good stuff to as the sales reps are all over them like a rash! most stuff is on their shelf as soon as it's released.

I go there a fair bit as it's 20min from my door ;D . also one hint , they only price once, when the stock first gets put on the shelf,, so if you look hard enough you can find some very cheep tractors, there are a few that have been there a year or so now, and they are cheeeeeep ;)

It's my local and It's a good shop for sure,they have no idea what they are selling, they just order the whole cataloge most of the time, they get the good stuff to as the sales reps are all over them like a rash! most stuff is on their shelf as soon as it's released.

I go there a fair bit as it's 20min from my door ;D . also one hint , [glow=red,2,300]they only price once,[/glow] when the stock first gets put on the shelf,, so if you look hard enough you can find some very cheep tractors, there are a few that have been there a year or so now, and they are cheeeeeep ;)

I hate to be pedantic but that aint always the case.  When all the prices went up a while back they soon after increased their existing stock (you can tell I go in a lot ::) ).  But you are right about some of the older UH stock, especially in the older 'green' boxes.

• 5 months later...

was on holiday a fortnight ago and found myself making a detour to snetterton park to see the model shop in its flesh ( only ever used its mail order service before) spent a couple of hours in the farming section and was speechless that was the first visit and wont be the last

i am back up in june for a week, and have already been told me my brother and the 2 boys are going for a visit, could be a expensive one ;D ;D

i had an expensive one and i was only myself glad i didnt totally loose my self control or id be working the next six months for nothing, well worth the visit

i am back up in june for a week, and have already been told me my brother and the 2 boys are going for a visit, could be a expensive one ;D ;D

that's where i was texting you Sean the other week about the Vicon mower ;) ....and left empty handed ;D ;D ;D::) !...i was looking for the UH rear mounted spreader but sadly the only model they didnt have!  :( :( :( :'( :'( :'(

its definitely worth a visit when your near there, hoping to go again with Harry. Its more a toy shop now than it was this time last year after the development!....and and have fun getting in the car park, not clearly marked when we went when you get off the race track road, it had changed since the last visit ;)

yeah you used to turn off the track and follow the road all the way round to the doors, past the paintball thing, now you kinda drive in one of the gates off the race track section and turn right, main door is there. I wasnt driving but guy who was ended up reversing with 3 other cars who also did the same....and the t!t in front who came towards us in what would have been the wrong lane anyway! :D :D :D :D

might be better when your there!....you'll be there a while and they even have a cafe now! :D :D :D

Popped in the other day just for a change.....!!  Anyone who is going there - once in through the market gates - head for the big orange poles, there is a gravel car park there - right outside the doors.  I assume it might be different on a market day???

Oh and another snippit of info - FTF are having a display in May 2011 so I heard....... perhaps our Lord an Leader could comment???  ;)

Popped in the other day just for a change.....!!  Anyone who is going there - once in through the market gates - head for the big orange poles, there is a gravel car park there - right outside the doors.  I assume it might be different on a market day???

Oh and another snippit of info - FTF are having a display in May 2011 so I heard....... perhaps our Lord an Leader could comment???  ;)

we may know something about this andy ::) ::);)